Danetta LeTray Montgomery

Everyone was glad that the week was over. Friday, Beau needed to head to the city to spend time with his Mate; the two of them had so much to discuss and do that he would be gone for most of the weekend. By Friday, Minh and his current partner had completely separated. It was a friendly separation at first but things were getting ugly and Beau wanted to be there with Minh. Beau was helping his Mate move into a temporary apartment; there was still his job to deal with plus he was finishing up schooling. Minh was studying to be a Physician's Assistant and had planned on working with his dad, a doctor, at his family practice, now things would have to change.

Saturday morning, Xael was up and headed to the kitchen to start on breakfast. She wanted to do just a simple breakfast casserole and biscuits long with a fruit salad. Saturdays at the diner were their slowest days since it was the weekend and most people wanted to sleep in so they had all decided to close it for the weekend and have it open M-F. Throughout the week, Adam would stop by their cabin to check on things and bring boxes of food over so they weren't eating all of Grams/Skylar food; not that they cared but Xael and Adam did.

With her being up so early, the pups were fed and lounging in the middle of the kitchen floor, enjoying space to sprawl out. Xael waited to get the coffee on cause she knew as soon as she did the entire house would wake up. Biscuits and casserole in the oven, Xael made herself a cup of hot herbal tea and went out on the back deck, taking the groggy pups with her. Soon as the morning air hit their faces, the two furballs woke up and started wrestling about in the yard, keeping their momma within eyesight. Sitting on the steps, Xael noticed the two of them were getting bigger. Closing her eyes, she lifted her head and took a deep breath of fresh, crisp air. Before she could open them, strong arms were wrapping around her as Adam sat down behind her. With his Mate sitting between his legs, he brought his massive hands around to cradle her growing stomach.

"Morning pretty momma."

"Morning handsome Alpha."

Adam growled at being called Alpha; Xael knew calling him that always got to him.

"You sure you're able to go into the city?"

"Yes, got my list already and know the stores I want to go to."

"Okay, I texted my dad and he and Great Grams are going to meet us for lunch, plus I need to make an office supply run. We need a new printer that can scan stuff."

"Mn."

The two of them sat outside for a bit, Adam continuing to gently caress his Mates stomach and nuzzle the side of her head. Hearing noises in the kitchen, they figured the others were up and they were. Xael gathered her family and they all went inside where Grams was fixing a pot of coffee. Xael walked over to her and hugged her.

"Morning Grammy."

"Morning dear, thanks for making breakfast!"

"Of course! You still going with us into the city?"

"No, I'll pass. I'm gonna stay and fix the guys lunch, they're still working on Dentin's cabin today, but I need you to stop by the apothecary and pick up my order and take the money on the tv stand!"

"Yes ma'am." Xael went to get dressed as Adam had a seat at the table; he was already dressed. Him and Wes talked about the work he was doing on the cabin.

It didn't take long for Xael to get dressed and she grabbed the list her Grams had left for her; there was no way she was going to take her money. Whatever her Grams needed, she would pay for.