New Day ~ New Start*

Morning came as the house began to stir.  Xael had remained cuddled next to her new found Mate for the rest of the night, her pups plastered against her on the other side.  Shado was awake but had been enjoying watching her sleep. Having her so close to him was everything at that moment. But nature was calling and he had to use the bathroom. Slowly, he untangled her long muscular limbs from his and slipped out of the bed. 

Bladder emptied and hands washed, Shado was relieved that she was still fast asleep when he returned.   He stood next to the bed and enjoyed the view of his Mate sleeping, her pups were still stuck beside her, passed out. He smiled then headed towards the kitchen. He had smelt the aroma of coffee and heard voices for the past 30 minutes.

Ms. Emma was getting started on breakfast and already had coffee made. Skylar and her were just chatting away when the Sheriff noticed Shado dragging himself into the kitchen.

"Hey Shado, how's our sleeping beauty doing?"

After a huge yawn, he answered. "Still sleeping with her pups."

"Good. Em, have you ever seen Xael this bad before?" Skylar was glancing over the newspaper.

"No, I think talking about everything last night aggravated things for her."

"Mn."

"Breakfast will be ready in a bit Adam!" Ms. Emma brought him a cup of coffee and returned to the stove to finish cooking.

"Thank you ma'am."

There was the sound of the front door closing, Xael was up after sensing that Shado was gone. She let her pups out to run for a while. She had on sweats and a hoody with the hood up. Her long hair flowed out from under it and down the front of her chest. Dragging herself into the kitchen, she made her way over to Shado and moved a chair right next to him. She sat down and curled up to him again, her head resting on his shoulder, as she hugged her knees to her chest. He turned and kissed her on the head.

"How's the head Pup?" Skylar peeked at her over his paper

"...mnn."

Skylar laughed at the half asleep, half awake reply.

"You want some breakfast hun?"  Xael shook her head no.

She was pretty much asleep again.  Shado moved the hood back to check the gash on her forehead.   It was surprisingly healed over and she had removed the bandages.

"So Shado what are you two lovebirds going to do today?" Skylar was on his second cup of coffee and just finished reading the paper.

"I need to go by my place for some clothes and I was thinking of going into the city today."

"Oh! What time? I need to pick up some things."

"Whenever you're ready Ms. Emma."

"Let's all go! I'll treat you ladies to lunch for all the help with the lodge, you to Shado."  Skylar was glad to have a day off and wanted to make the most of it.

Shado turned to Xael who was still resting on his shoulder. "You okay with going into the city today."  She wrapped herself around his arm tighter and shook her head yes. But no one was convinced that she was. She was acting strange.

Xael looked up, her piercing grey eyes were brighter than normal, almost white, with a stark black ring around them. If you didn't know any better, you could definitely tell she was Wolfen. They followed her grandmother around the kitchen with sharp precision.  Ms. Emma felt eyes boring into her back and turned.

"Xael, honey? Why are your eyes like that?"

She hid her face into Shado's shoulder. "I don't know, I woke up and they were like this."