To Grandma's House...

The ride to visit the Old One was a peaceful one. Peace was something that Xael welcomed after the emotion filled morning she had. It was a two hour drive out of the city to the next tribal area. The area was wooded as well. Xael had only been out there a few times when she was younger and it was always with her Grandmother. But today was different, very different. They drove down a wooded side road similar to the one her Grams lived on.

The Elder Shado was taking it slow as he drove down the bumpy road, halfway down, Xael growled then whimpered loudly. Startling both of the Alpha's, Shado's dad stopped his vehicle. Xael lowered the window and inhaled deeply. She suddenly began to clap excitedly.

"Xael?"

Xael looked at Shado's dad, a huge smile on her face.  What Xael didn't know is that her eyes were now gold.

"Oh my God..." The Elder Shado was even more mesmerized than before.

"Babe?"

"Hm?" Xael whipped her head around to her Mate causing him to gasp. Xael had smelled wolves, one in particular had her very very excited. "We have a furry escort. Look!!" Xael pointed to the treeline as numerous wolves started to appear.

"But your eyes..."

"My eyes?" Xael moved to look into the rearview mirror. Xael gasped also. "Adam?"

Xael looked at Adam just as confused as they were. The Elder Shado looked at both of them.

"Xael, have your eyes ever done that before?"

"Only when I'm healing, but I'm not touching anything!"

"Let's get to the house, make sure you're buckled up." The Elder shifted the vehicle into 4-wheel drive as the road was worsening, he also kept a watchful eye on the wolves as they started run in front of his vehicle. He was thankful that they were a safe distance ahead of him but still; he'd never encountered anything like this before.

__________________________________

At the Old One's cabin, her dogs were going bonkers. Scratching at the door and whining to get out. She walked towards the door.

"Calm down you little furry shits!" 

As she walked towards the door she saw them. The front of her house was teaming with wild wolves. She'd never seen so many. They were pacing nervously. Knowing that she had guest on the way, she immediately called her grandson. But not before her very old pet wolf Taza, blind and crippled made it's way to the front.

________________________________

Adam's dad fumbled with his phone so he just let it fall and hit the call answer button on the steering wheel.  Adam, who'd climbed his large frame up to the front passenger seat, was looking out the window. Xael meanwhile had her window down, she was absolutely giddy, but she was the only one.

"Grandma? We're almost there."

"Don't come any closer!! The entire front of the house is filled with wolves!"

"What? I can't hear you Grandma, you're breaking up."

The call only got worse and he had no choice but to hang up. Xael meanwhile had suddenly starting feeling strange and she was burning up. It wasn't heat induced but something else, something she had never felt before. She screamed out from the intensity of it.