Letting Go of the Past #2

The female wolf walked up to him and touched her nose to his forehead.

{So, you are my granddaughter's Mate?}

"Yes... ma'am"

Now nothing was surprising Shado, he was part of Xael's fairytale now.

{You take care of her young Alpha, she's the only one of her kind. Hurt her and you'll have every wolf out here to answer to. I promise you.} Ja'an sealed the threat with a snarl and walked back into the forest. Now Adam was alone the Alpha again as he shifted again into his wolf form.

{What I've told you today is for you alone, young Alpha. Xael will have to come to me to find her own answers. Protect her and she will in turn protect you. You two have a very very long life ahead of you.}

With that, the Alpha quietly walked towards the treeline but stopped, glancing back at the Wolfen.

{Welcome to the family, young Alpha}

The majestic wolf promptly disappeared. Shado breathed a deep sigh of relief. He wasn't sure if what he had experienced was real or not.  Adam needed a few minutes to sit and process everything. In a way, he was glad that his Mate was so well looked after and after this encounter, he now knew that he too was being looked after and watched.

Twenty minutes had gone by. Adam stood and turned to go to his Mate. What he left in the woods today would stay in the past where it belonged. He walked into the back door, took off his shoes and went into the living room to set them by the front door.

"Everything go okay dear? We heard you howling."

Adam looked into the bedroom, his Mate was still fast asleep. "That wasn't me." Adam took a seat on the couch next to Skylar as Ms. Emma sat in her chair.

"Who was it!?"

"Her Grandad..."

"Ohhh."   Ms. Emma gave Wes a look then they both returned their focus on the young Alpha. Adam was resting his head on the back of the couch. Ms. Emma could see that whatever he experienced was profound. She decided to change the subject.

"Adam dear, me and Xael talked earlier. After me and Wes bond, she wants to start prepping for the upcoming winter." Skylar jumped in as Adam still seemed out of it.

"I'm going to head out and do some hunting. Em and Xael want some deer meat to put up. You want to go with me? I hear that the deer population needs to be cut back a little."

"Yeah sure." Adam was still not with it.

"You okay son?"

"Yeah...it's just. Shit those wolves scare the hell outta me." He held his face in his hands.

"He talked to you, didn't he?"

"Yeah, Him and his Mate."

Ms. Emma already had an idea of how the discussion went. She already knew how protective they were of her. "Well my dearest, you're part of the family now so...congratulations. You'll probably be seeing a lot more of them."

"Ha haa. He told me something along those lines also. I'm going to wake up sleeping beauty and get her home. Leave you guys to do your thing." Adam stood and started towards the bedroom. "Oh! Does she need to come back out later this week to drop off food?"

"Oh no dear! She went ahead and cooked up a bunch of stuff already. She's free to spend the week how she wants."

"Alrighty, you two need anything let us know."