Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*

Finishing the water, Xael looked up at her mate. "I need another bath." Shado lifted her up off the floor and sat her on the toilet seat.

"Sit here okay, I'll get it ready for you."

Xael felt a little better now that her stomach was empty. Shado kept a watchful eye on her. Just then his phone rang, he quickly went to the bed to grab it, it was Ms. Emma.

Walking back into the bathroom he saw Xael trying to stand. He let the phone ring as he tossed it on the counter, he would need to call her back.

"Stop! Stop trying to stand babe." Reaching her, Xael leaned against him, their bare chests coming together, she whimpered in pain. His hand went to her back to help support her.

"It hurts to sit."

Shado picked her up once again and carried her over to the bathtub, and put her down. "Lean against me till the water is ready." Xael slowly put her weight against him as he supported her, resting her head on his shoulder.

With the bath ready, Shado helped remove Xael's underwear and bandages. This time she didn't flinch but relaxed into the hot water.

Letting out a sigh, she rested her head on the side of the tub, Shado knelt beside her. He dipped his hand in the hot water.

"Fuck! How can you stand that?" The water was scalding hot.

"Hmm...it feels good to me."

He dipped his hand back in again to scoop some of the medicinal water over the mark on her neck.

"Thank you, you are taking such good care of me." 

Shado smiled at her as she closed her eyes to enjoy the bath. He noticed they still had a ring of blue around them. His phone rang again, this time he went to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Adam hun, how is she?" Ms. Emma was anxious and worried.

"Better, she's soaking in the tub again. Tell Houser I said Thank you!" He returned to his Mate's side to continue scooping water over her bite mark.

{I forgot the soup, I need it}

"Oh Ms. Emma, we forgot the soup that Xael has in the freezer."

"No problem, I'll drop it off in a bit."

{No. One of the humans needs to do it, Ted, the others won't be able to come near your apartment.}

"Uhh...Xael says Ted needs to do it, you guys won't be able to come near the apartment."

"What? Oh don't worry, I'll leave it outside the door." Ms. Emma hung up before he could respond. He turned his attention back to his Mate.

"Talk to me baby? How are you feeling?"

"Much better. You're a strong Alpha, you're healing me pretty quickly."

"Good, I'll be right back, I need to put fresh towels on the bed for you. Do NOT fall asleep in that tub."

"I won't"

Shado was back in no time, as his Mate rested in the bath, he got the bandages and towels ready for her. Her eyes followed him intently. She watched from the tub as he lit some sage and stood in front of the huge mirrored wall along the countertop. He dug out a pair of scissors from one of the drawers and untied his hair.

"Adam..." He looked back at her and smiled. Before she could say anything else, he cut his ponytail off. A few more passes with the scissors and he was done. He gathered the cut hair in a bundle and wrapped it back up. Walking over to his Mate, her eyes were starting to tear up. He knelt beside her again, her hand coming up to his face. His hair now just barely past his shoulders, thick layers framed his face.