Feeding the Masses

Before walking out into the tourist chaos, Xael stopped Adam.

"Hey hon, it maybe a good idea to ask for Wolfen officers."

"Yeah, I got that feeling too. I'm walking you to the diner so let's get over there." Walking out front, Adam almost ran into an Elderly woman who was standing in front of his door.

{Somethings wrong with her Adam}

"Ma'am you okay?"

"Oh officer! I lost my husband!"

"Well, let's get you someplace safe." Adam escorted the woman and his Mate over to the diner. As Xael dug her keys out to open the door, they were flooded with tourists who thought the diner was opening.  Adam let them know it was closed. Door opened, Xael had the woman sit at one of the booths while her pups took up spots in their reserved seats. Adam approached the woman.

"Do you have a name and description of your husband ma'am?"

"Oh yes, here's a picture we took a few moments ago. His name is John."

"Okay, well my Mate here will take good care of you while we look for your husband. I'll be back once I find him."

"Mate? Oh my! Your werewolves!?!"

"Uhh...yeah." Adam smiled to help reassure the woman that she would be safe.

"Would you like some coffee Ms...?"

"Henderson. Thank you dear, we haven't eaten yet either."

"Well you just relax. I'll take care of that." Xael gently rubbed her shoulder as the woman was still uneasy being alone with 'werewolves'.

Adam turned to his Mate. "Lock the door behind me. Link me if you need anything, understand."

Xael just gave him a quick kiss and smile as she followed him to the door. Again other tourists tried to enter but Adam turned them away. Xael got busy with making coffee. Seeing how there would be more officers, she made a lot to fill up the thermos' so they could have some for later. First pot finished Xael poured some for the elderly woman and brought it over to her. She sat with her for a bit to keep her company. Xael could tell that she had relaxed as she began firing off questions.  Xael was happy to answer them all. While they sat and talked, numerous people knocked on the window to see if the diner was opened but Xael shook her head 'no'.  

Thirty minutes had passed when Adam linked Xael. He let her know that the woman's husband was at the station waiting. Xael was glad and would escort her over to the station. She would also bring over some coffee for them.

"They found your husband! He's over at the police station. I can take you over there."

"Ok thank you dear! You know you werewolves aren't all that scary."

"Why thank you! Let me fix you two something real quick to eat." Xael fixed them both sandwich boxes that included chips, fruit salad and dessert. As the lady gathered her things, Xael linked her pups to guard the door as she didn't feel like locking it just to walk across the street. Xael handed the lunch boxes to the woman as they left to cross the street, Xael saw a squad car pull up with four other officers, all Wolfen and all Alphas. Walking across the street, the officers all turned their attention to Xael, having picked up her scent. She smiled and waved at them and they returned the gesture. One of the officers held the door for them.

"Dixie!"

"John! Am I gonna have to tie a bell around your neck?"

"Ohhh hush! I would have found you eventually!"