1.5 Mikael

Kite felt that the system was not quite right and ask him. The system nodded and reassured it's host. He won't tell Host that he just remembered his work.

System: This will happen every World, Host. As a world saving system, I have to somehow stabilize the world so it won't collapse and find ways to help our Host to accomplish our missions faster.

[ I see, so systems do work hard huh ]

System: Systems are like this! We don't just watch and give missions to our Host, we are professionals. Pro!

Kite nodded, [ Yes yes, Wes is a very professional system. ]

System nodded and was satisfied, acting like he didn't just remembered what his work was just a while ago; I will be going, see you later, Host.

System bounced and floated away, disappearing into the ceiling.

Kite see off the system and focused on the little bun.

Louis called the maids and arrange his self to the wheelchair, after that Mikael sat on his lap and snuggled. What a cute baby.

After morning preparations, the maid pushed them to the dining room. The table was already full with foods and his parents that keeps emitting dog food and Riel who was rubbing his eyes in a dazed was already waiting for him.

"Good morning, Big Brother..."Riel said dazedly and yawned, it looks like he just woke up. Father noticed him and looked at Mikael who was in his lap. He invited me to sit, "I have something to tell you, about Mikael."Father said while looking at Mikael.

Father looked at Mother, it seems that they already talked about this. Mother nodded and Father face us.

"The truth is that... although I take that child as my son, he is as you can see, an Devin. His parents and I met before..."Father explained and begins to reminisce.

Austin is a bit timid even coming from an ancient race and family, as a young Angeli, his parents at that time signed him in the military department of Okaz Academy of Races. He can't decline because it's already decided. He felt grief and hopeless for his future. He sighed and accepted his fate.

In there, he didn't expect to have fun and sorrow experience, he didn't regret to have come to this school. He met his comrades and partner, even though he is a Devin, they got along quite well. However, while in a mission they got ambushed. They does and hide desperately, the enemy is too strong. Fortunately, he found a secluded cave, he carried his friends inside and lay them down

Ulan, his partner got severely injured by saving him and his lover, Lima is unconscious. Austin felt hopelessness, his abilities can't heal them as they were both a Devin, their potions are also depleted on the way. For now, he should calm down and give them first aid. Then he will go to find help.

Bandaging his friends, he saw Ulan opens his eyes. He tried to get up and flinched.

"Ulan, don't move for a while.."He supported his friend to sit down and saw him bleeding again, he was about to turned to get another bandage but was stopped by Ulan.

"Wait.."Ulan said while grabbing his arms, he stopped and looked at his friend. He saw his friend's pale face and weak smile. He almost cried, somehow he knew what was going to happen.

Ulan laughed weakly at his friends scrunched face, "You, I... I have something to give to you, it's very important... We.."

Before he finished what he was about to say, he saw Austin's face crying and biting his lips so he won't make a sound. Ulan smiled and looked at his beloved, he felt it. His beloved has passed away and he also... He takes a deep breath and look at his friend. Snot and tears on his face, he looks horrible, combining them with dirt however he has no wounds. He must have felt miserable not being able to save them.

Ulan takes a small necklace from his clothes and gives it to Austin, "This is.. our child.., please take of him for us? "

"Uuhhh...*sniff*"Austin repeatedly nodded and holds the necklace to his chest. Ulan smiled seeing him like this and slowly his hands fell.

Austin cried and cried at the lost of his precious friends. He looks at the necklace on his hands and was about to hide it when an explosion interrupts him. He was blasted away and lost consciousness. When he woke up, he was in the camp. Without his friends bodies and the necklace...

He sat blankly on the bed and thought, he has failed them...

Before, Ulan said to him that they wanted a child and he accompanied them to get a birth stone. For an ancient race, their reproduction is different. They need a birth stone and filled it with the couple's energy and wait for the child to be born, some may take a 100 years before having a child, that's why children are precious for them. For the couple who desired a child, they make sure that the birth stone is safe with them and sometimes disguise them as an accessories. The necklace carried the birth stone of his friends, he has to find it. Austin didn't give up on finding the necklace. Their child, is also considered as his son.

Years passed and he finally got a clue on where the necklace is however when he came, he found out that the child is already born. With his subordinates, they saw a dilapidated building, there's bodies of children inside, some are alive however most of them are already dead. In a secluded corner, he saw a kid that looks like his friend. He breathing stopped because he thought the kid is already gone and immediately run towards the kid when he saw the small chest heaving up and down.

Thank goodness, he thought as he nears the kid but his face darkens at what he saw, he was far away when he saw the boy so he didn't notice his situation. A boy so small, with scars and bruises on his body. With dull red eyes and black hair with mud on them. He was lying lifelessly, it was like Austin saw his friends lifeless body again.

He trembled in anger, how could they do this to a child?

He suppressed it and carefully carried the child, he was so light. The child didn't even move, he's just like a doll without life.

Austin grits his teeth, he will make them pay for what they did to his friends and their child. Whoever they may be. He's not a small soldier who can't protect his friends, it's different now. When he find them, he'll crush them to pieces. He thought as he walked to his car and go home. First, let's give first aid and bandage his wounds..

What he didn't expect was, his timidity came back when faced with his family.

Father finished the story and while holding Mother's hands.

"It's alright, Darling. We'll make them pay, okay? "Mother just said some scary words right there, while ignoring us, Mother hugged Father and kisses his forehead, Father hugged Mother's waist. You guys seriously flirted in front of your children, you lovey-dovey parents!

[ I didn't know this has a hidden plot. ] Kite thought while blankly looking at his flirting parents. He looked at the little boy in his arms who was playing with his hands. He doesn't seem to care about what Father said. It looks like he was more interested in my hands though.

He sighed, Wes said this was an easy world but it feels so complicated. I feel like this is not the only hidden plot. Ah I can see work piling up...

Since then, Riel is not so mean to Mikael anymore and he often invite him to play with him. Mother also makes sweets for us everytime. It seems she took a liking to Mikael as she often squeeze-- hugs him.

Louis was reading Mikael a storybook, a few days ago, he found out that the little boy like books and can read. So right now, they are in the library sprawled in the carpet reading.

While listening to Mikael read, he saw a bright blue eyes peeking at them. The owner of the eyes looked shocked when he found that Louis saw him and hides in the shelves but after a while, peeked again.

Louis laughs amusedly, [ These kids are so cute. ]

He gestures for Riel to come and join them, Riel hesitantly comes out. Carrying a book and called out to Mikael, "This...You.. I..."Stuttering and with red cheeks, Riel felt shy.

"Hello..."Riel whispered, the voice is so small Louis almost didn't hear it. He smiled and looked at Mikael.

Mikael was looking at the blonde boy before him, he looks a lot like Louis but he likes Louis more. He just nodded in response.