5.14 Escape Part 2

After a quick twist and turn, Elys saw the same looking door he just passed many times but this time he was sure that it was the way outside of the facility. They have been endlessly memorizing the maze-like hallways supervised by Sir Fifth to make sure that they would make it out and an additional safety skill to avoid dangerous places in the research facility.

The moment Elys finally step foot outside the facility, a horrid smell of decaying flesh bombarded his nose and he stopped as he stared at the piles of corpses scattered not far away from the facility. Some were bodies of small children while some are probably about his age, it was horrible. They were probably the ones who were term as 'useless' and 'failed product' by the scientists and staffs in the facility so their bodies was just casually thrown away...

This must be also because the people in the facility expects that no one would see these bodies thrown blatantly just near the facility. That means that this facility is someplace where no one would know aside from the ones working and is probably in some isolated island....

Elys let out a breath as he looked at the discarded bodies of the children again, he narrowed his eyes as he look at their expressions of lifelessness and despair even after their deaths. He can't help but think how this would be their fate if they did not escape from this place...

Still, Elys's eyes remained calm and looked around the surroundings as he remain vigilant of possible errors from the plan or maybe meet another guard... Though he hopes nothing like encountering those guards to happen again.

The wound from his waist is still throbbing in pain but it's still endurable. For now, he has to find the location of their planned meeting place once they got outside the facility. Elys's gray eyes turn to the forest, he can still see some bodies scattered but in their supposed meeting place, that's the place where they disposed and burn the bodies of some subjects that contains 'destructive and dangerous' traits called by the staff of this place. Though the truth is that the subjects burn in there wete children who developed the ability to maintain their sanity and survive the experiments and trials of the facility, and one of their special factors that would certainly put the subjects into one of the disposed bodies is that they can't be brainwashed at all. The research facility could not condone any subjects who can possibly become a danger for them in the future even if the subject is strong or weak as long as they can't be brainwashed, they will be disposed of.

Elys remembered Shiro and the others, it seems that they weren't brainwashed or give in yet, according to Sir Fifth's information. However, it seems that Shiro has it worse as the staff was constantly trying to take control of him as he was their 'ideal creation'. It is possible that it may distorted his mind several times than others.

Night came, the signal was sent and the usual bell was heard when calling for the subjects to gather and a red light from the hallways. It seems that some has seen them escaping and has alarmed the security and guards though none of them was appearing.

In Remus and Romulus's side.

Facing the endless corpses of innumerable subjects scattered around, Rem was completely indifferent at this sight while Rom look at this calmly as if already expecting this scenery. After growing up in this facility, they have all known what happens to those failed products and has seen worse.

" Rem, we can leave here. " Romulus said calmly as he talk to Remus, his twin.

" Yeah. "

" Let's go? " Rom asked as he put his hand towards Rom.

" Mm. " Rem said and took his hand, walking out of the place they've grown up to. Looking at Rom who look outwardly calm but excited inside.

He knew that Rom still has hope, hope to escape this place and live a free life.