2.13

Extra:

Serces sat on the bed of his sleeping beloved and kiss her forehead. He caress her smooth black hair and laid down beside her and stare at her. It's been a year since she slept. He's always been waiting at her side and hope for her to see him when she wakes up.

" Sweet dreams, my dear. " He whispered and close his eyes. He slowly fell asleep beside her and holds her hand.

" Ughh... "

Serces woke up hearing a pained groan, he immediately sat up and looked at his beloved. Her eyes furrowed in pain and she looked pale. Every night this would happen, he didn't know what was happening but whatever it was, he didn't like it. He grasped her hand tightly.

" Dear, I'm here. " He whispered and tried to ease her pain but no matter what he do, it was useless. It frustrates him, he was the blessed child of the gods and the kind of the world but he can't do anything to save his beloved.

He noticed a wisp of black mist coming out of her body and felt an ominous power in it. He grabbed his sword and pull it out from Its sheathe and pointed it towards the black mist.

" Is this your doing?! Immediately stop it! " He shouted. He noticed the black mist stopped for a second and entered the body if his beloved. Shocked, his sword fell down and tried to stop it but failed and hugged his beloved. He heard her groaned from pain and sweat start to show on her pristine forehead.

He cursed and hugged her more tightly, hoping to alleviate a little bit if her pain from this. After a long while, he can't take it anymore.

" Stop. Don't hurt her anymore... " He said, his heart feels like dying seeing his beloved like this.

" If you want to hurt someone, you can hurt me. Leave her alone..." He said as he buried his face on her shoulders, tears fell down from the king who loved his queen wholeheartedly.

The black mist stopped and the groans also stopped.

Serces noticed this and raised his head, he saw a black mist covering their bedroom. He gulped and hugged her tightly. He didn't know what kind of creature it was but he knows that it's trying to take the body of his beloved.

" If... As long as you won't hurt her, you can use me.." He said cautiously to the black mist. The black mist immediately entered his body and coughed out blood. He covered his mouth and slowly laid down her sleeping queen. He looked at her gently and kisses her forehead then her soft lips. His bright green eyes flashed red. He stiffened.

He felt the black mist overcoming his soul, he gasped and whispered to her ears. " I love you, dear. "

The red hue completely covered his eyes and turned back to the original bright green. The man stood up and looked at the woman on the bed indifferently. Serces body was taken and his consciousness was asleep in the depth of his soul.

He turned around to leave the room and smiled wickedly. Since then, the whole palace turned upside down. The maid gossiped about the king who takes in concubines and the sleeping queen. Killing and despair became prominent and the peaceful yesterday was like the passing wind.

A long time passed.

The woman slowly opened her eyes, her eyelashes flap like butterfly wings and her deep violet eyes glistened. She turned her head and was a bit disappointed that she didn't see her beloved man beside her. She sat up and looked around. The place looked the same but somehow, something felt different. From her luxurious and soft bed to the jewelry adorned door, nothing seemed out of place. She wondered what it was she was feeling.

She slowly stood up and walked to the window, he peeked outside and noticed how quiet and solemn it looked. The servants doing their tasks look pale and trembling. She titled her head at this, confused at what's happening. She decided to go out to ask her husband about this.