1.12

Extra:

Frid Borealis was born in the slums. He was an illegitimate child, unwanted because he's a halfling but he persevered and believe that there is beauty in the world.

He worked hard and helped many people. He was liked by everyone and he liked them back, he cherished them as his friends, family and a cute daughter. His life is simply full of happiness.

An extremely positive and cheerful man was broken when he encountered a mist in the forest while doing his work. He just turned back from his work, he was needed on site. He needed to past a forest on the way home.

It was night and the high way was desolate without a sign of living. A black mist suddenly surrounded his car and engulfed him. He tried to escape but it was useless.

The black mist ate his kindness and everything he cherished, he saw it. After engulfing him, he became one with it and it hunts his everything to make him lose hope, lose his kindness, his everything...

And it succeeded.

" Dear? What's wrong?"

His lover who welcomed him home after coming back was covered with her blood, lifelessly looking at him with tears in her dull eyes.

" Pa...pa...it hurts..."

His daughter's mangled body was in her arms, hugging his gift for her.

" Pfft You're such a crybaby! Aren't we here to help? "

His friends who always cheer him up was now corpses, piled one after another in the corner, rotting.

Everything is gone. He can't do anything but watched. No matter how hard he struggled, they all died. No matter how he shouted, they can't hear him. No matter how he covered his ears, their pained screams still reach him.

It was hopelessness. Despair.

He remembered how his wife welcomed him with a smile and hugged him, his daughter clinging to his legs, greeting him.

" Papa, Happy Birthday! "

Only to die by his hands...

Why him? He once thought.

Did he deserve this tragedy? To lose his family and friends? What did he do wrong?

He watched as the black mist control his body, hurt a young boy, kill many people...

The people's cursing, shouting and crying. Every night he would dream of them.

His hands are already bloodied from his beloved's blood. He won't resist, he let the black mist do anything it wants. All he wants is, to let him go. Please let him go. Please end this misery.

After sensing that he wouldn't resist anymore, the black mist let him a little bit of control. He once tried to resist again but it backfired and everyone died again. That was the last time he resist. He thought that It really was useless.

Then, he felt something aside from the pain and suffering given by the black mist. He touched his chest and felt that it was warm, this familiar warmth makes his tears fell. In his deadpan face, tears continued to fall down.

It's really really warm. He almost forgotten that feeling.

But before he got to grab hold of it, the black mist erased it. His eyes which hold a bit if light dampens. He pats his chest again to try if that feeling would come again. Although it was erased, he remembered it.

The next time that warmth appeared again, he immediately grabbed hold of it before the mist takes it. It's the only thing he has now, he can't die because the mist won't let him. He must have some use of him.

The truth is, he knew where this warmth came from. He remembered that boy, the mist has connected their emotions, all the warmth given to that child will be send to him then the mist would erased it however, after countless years he has gained a bit of control and manage to conceal and hide that warmth.

The owner who gave him warmth, he won't asked to be forgiven to what he has done. He just hope that he will kill him and end this life.

When the owner really came, he was elated but being controlled by mist. He can't do anything.

Frid, who already noticed the decaying, was happy inside. For all he had done, he will pay for it in hell. As he felt the black mist disappearing, he remembered his family and friends who died by his hands and felt like he saw them waiting for him from afar.

His friend grinned at him, "Welcome back! "

He heard laughter and cheers at the side, he blankly looked at his family and friends greeting him. Like the misery he experienced never happened. He laughed happily.

At the end of his life, he smiled peacefully.