2.3 Serces

Oras looked at the far away port town, it will probably take a day or two to get to the village close to Gubat City. The reason why I came with them is because it will be easier to see the target this way. After all, the target is the childhood friend of the male lead and the female lead will always bump into the male lead no matter what. In that case, the target will be near.

Gubat City is so wide, Oras can't find the target in that place without a single clue on his whereabouts. So it's better to go with the female lead. He really hopes that the target is well..

In the Gubat City, dazzling light within the big trees are giving the city a mystical feeling. The city is within the big trees, there are many stores on the branches of a tree and some are hanging on it. Most are in the ground. This is the outer circle of Gubat City.

Inside a house, a young man with gentle looking eyes is angrily berating the man with a long white hair. The young man sneered at the white haired man and turned around. He saw a chair and can't help but pour his temper on the chair.

" Damn! I'm so unlucky! To be contacted with a weakling like this! " The young man violently kicked the chair and turned to the man with standing beside him. The man with white hair has his eyes closed, his fair face has ghastly wounds ruining his handsome visage.

" Sh*t! I can't even win a bet because of you! " The young man said as he pointed his finger at the man and pushed him away to get out. The door banged and the man fell down on the floor, his white lashes lowered and his face calm and looked indifferent but the gripped on his fist showed his chaotic emotions. Blood leaked out from them and his green eyes showed signs of red. He slowly stand up and staggered, leaning on the wall he walked towards the door and followed the young man, his contracted master.

He walked slowly and quietly, his body is already beaten up but he has to see his master. He followed his trails and found him behind a dark alley, he was about to call him but froze from what he heard.

" Can you do something about this? Luntian's too useless. I want a more powerful one..." It was his master. He was talking to another man but he can't see clearly because he was poisoned from the battle before. His eyes blurry, he looked at them and felt his chest clogging up.

The man nodded and coldly said to his master, " Well, first if you want a new contract. You have to get rid of the current one. "

His master nodded and grinned, " I have a plan..."

It was a sign. He didn't want to hear it. His master was about to betray him...

He eyes dimmed and left the place, he walked back to his room. He sat on the bed and looked around, his room was given to him by his current contracted master. This is already the tenth time...

He laughed shallowly, he know that it's common for a Serces to be betrayed especially if they're weak. He expected it but he didn't want to admit it. The God's curse is this, however what the others didn't know is that everytime they were betrayed, they grow more powerful. The curse has turned their fate into this misery and despair from being betrayed by your special one. This is the repayment of what the first King had done, betraying the goddess for another. The Serces also didn't have the power to stop the betrayals even if they know about it, they just have to wait and watch how their master will betray them but they can beg. But will he? No.

Serces were too prideful and also accepted the fact that they can't do anything towards their master but beg is hilarious.

This situation, It's so cruel, so ruthless..

He covered his face and tears fell, his green eyes continue to show red glints and vanished immediately. It really hurts everytime. He can't get used to it. If this continue, he will really go crazy...

Two days passed by quickly. Seeing the nearing land, Oras leaned on the wood railings and felt the wind. It's been two days. He glanced at the group at the side who drank the night away, literally. They were scattered on the table, he have to get some blankets to cover them and Min even left half of his body inside the barrel. It looked like he fainted and slept like that for the whole night. He can't take him out of that so he just left him there.

He stared at the blue sky and felt that it's really peaceful, like the calm before the storm. He hoped that he's wrong though. He turned around and got ready to dock. These guys are so drunk, they probably won't wake up until later in the afternoon. Gubat City is still far away, he have to travel on foot from here on. Maybe he should rent a horse?

While thinking of this, they got near the land and docked. He looked at the drunk people and sighed. He should take them inside, they might get sick like this. After carrying all of them inside, aside from Min. He just pushed the barrel under the roof and covered him in a blanket. He got down from the boat to check if there's any rentals here. He only got 5 silvers at this time.

Looking at the busy town, he walked down the streets and found a rentals. He talked to the worker and reached a deal.

" Then I will take him later. " Oras said as he patted the white horse in front of him. The horse neighs and rubbed his face to him. The worker nodded and he waved goodbye to the horse for now. Coming back at the boat, he found that they are still sleeping. He should cook a hangover soup for them, he looked at the sky and decided to cook lunch too.

" Ughh..."

" My head...ughh.."

" Brother... Ughh... "

Oras heard groans from inside and checked them, he saw them walking and groaning while holding their heads.

" Here hangover soup. " He said as he gave them a bowl each. They groggily take them and drink. It seems that Min and Sapa are still out.

" What is this? "

" Uuhhh, are you an angel? "

" Thank you.."

" I have also prepared lunch. Once you finish, wake Sapa. You guys should clean up too." He said and got out to wait for them. They stink too much, it looks like they vomited when he left. He saw Min's legs wiggling, trying to get out the barrel. He helped him and almost fell down because Min is staggering.

Min grinned at him sleepily, " Morning..." He said then leaned on the wall and fell asleep. Oras sighed, he should go back to check the food he's cooking.

It was late afternoon when they all sobered up. They all sat on the table eating and laughing at their stories. Oras had fun with them but he has to leave soon. He put down his spoon, they noticed his actions and stopped talking. They know he would leave soon. But they were reluctant to let him leave. They all sighed inside.

Oras smiled at them, " We'll meet again someday. "

Sapa and others smiled back then send him off. The still have things to settle here before going to Gubat City, they told him about it and let him go first because he's in a hurry.

" Take care, Oras. " Min said as he patted his back and gave him a hug. He nodded and waved goodbye at them.

Sapa and the others looked at his figure on the ship. They really have good eyes for people, Oras is so good. He treated them gently and care for them, even for the short time they spent. They could tell.

" He didn't take his mask off all this time..." Lupa absentmindedly blurted and surprised, she looked at her comrades. The first time they saw him was at that time, they thought that he's a wanted criminal but the moment they heard his voice. They doubt it. Contrary Oras's outfit and mask, he's a kind and gentle person. She really wanted to see his face but didn't have the courage to ask and waited for him to remove the mask when sleeping but to her disappointment, Oras sleep with his mask on...

Lupa sighed, a possibly good looking guy. It's such a waste not to see his face ah