5.10 Duke Kasan

After an hour of rest, everyone was already energetic and lively. As expected of of the people who managed to survive in this place their endurance and energy is ridiculously high and they are already playing all around the room, the desolate and big room is suddenly filled with cheerful laughters and shouts.

" Hey, do we have ice cream here? " Amy asked and saw Al who was carrying a bowl of a suspiciously, an ice cream. Nova who was at her side blinked and was about to call him when Al unexpectedly tripped.

" Aurelius----!!! Ahhh! It fell! Oh gosh! " Screamed Al who was previously running with a bowl of cold ice cream and tripped on a flat surface, he watch as the bowl fell on Aurelius's face who was peacefully sleeping, " Aack! Cold! What the!? Who--- You!!! " Aurelius who got woken up by a very cold greeting from Al stood up angrily and chased after Al who immediately stood up and escape the moment he woke up and run away from Aurelius's clutches.

" Stop immediately!! " Aurelius shouted as he run after Al with the bowl of cold ice cream remaining in his head, Al who saw this when he glanced back laughed exhilaratingly and his reaction only add more fire at Aurelius's anger as he started creating fire and shooting it to Al who screamed while evading them, " You idiot! Come here! Stop! " Aurelius shouted with gritted teeth and the ice cream melted making him feel disgusted and the feeling of wanting to catch Al and beat him up grew stronger.

Ann who saw her crush being chased by the angry dragon, panicked and took another bowl of ice cream, strawberry flavored and throw it with her eyes closed at the two.

Plopp.

A few seconds of silence...

Aurelius stopped and look at Al for a while then couldn't stop his self anymore as he burst out laughing, " Pffft Hahahaha!! "

The strawberry flavored ice cream's purpose is achieved and stopped Aurelius from chasing Al unfortunately, that bowl of ice cream is currently in Al's head. Ann who opened her eyes and look at what happened and covered her face embarrassed, " I'm so sooorryyyy!!! "

She then run to Al's direction while ignoring Aurelius who fell on the ground clutching his stomach as he laughed harder, " Oh god!! Hahahaha! Shit! My stomach hurts! Hahahahaha! I- can't stop! Pfft!! "

Ann scrambled and look at something to wipe the ice cream and found a towel, " Uh-uh uh.... Uhmm, here towel... "

Al who was thrown with a bowl of strawberry flavored ice cream accepted her towel with wry smile, " Thanks... "

" Pffft! " Romulus ended up joining Aurelius on the floor as he laughed at Al who was miserably wiping the ice cream off his hair and face. Remus chuckles at their antics beside them.

" Hahaha! "

" So we do have ice cream... Pfft... *cough* " Amy said and stopped her laugh as she turn her face to her little brother and brought him to the place where he saw Ann found an ice cream.

Ada watch them as they have fun and glanced at the little mermaid at her side. Clara who was also watching happened to look at her too, Ada turned her eyes away and coughed. Clara tilted her head, confused at Ada's reaction.

Ada who looked away was expressionless as she seemed deep in thought, Clara didn't disturb her as she look sullen and played with her self.

Though, Ada isn't thinking of anything deep as she remembered Clara's reaction and thought seriously, ' Ah, how could someone be so cute---!? Ahhh I can't take it! '

While the others were having fun, Bel accompanied Dan who is only comfortable at his side as he smelled like the forest since he was a druid. Dan was silently smiling as he listened to the antics of Al and Aurelius as well as the laughters of the others as they joined and watch while Bel kept glancing at Elys who was laughing at Al and the others, his face reddened and turn away. After a few seconds, he can't help but take another look at Elys again.

Shiro who was beside Elys and is very sensitive to the eyes of people felt that someone keep looking at their direction or rather, looking at Elys. He frowned and look at the direction where the eyes came from and found the druid who keeps blushing whenever Elys is near, Shiro pursed his lips as feelings of irritation bubbled up inside him. He knew it was unreasonable but he doesn't like anyone looking at Elys that way so he glared at the druid who noticed him immediately and look down immediately with a pale face.

Shiro humphed and turn his attention back to Elys who was smiling gently at the other subjects, he pouted. It's unfair, Elys keeps smiling at the others and keep ignoring him... He sighed, he's really greedy. At first, he just wanted the youth to stay and to always be with him, now he wanted more, he wanted Elys's unwarranted attention and smiles...

No, he can't be greedy or else Elys might start to hate him...

Shiro's eyes lowered sadly as he thought of that and glanced at Elys, surely, they will be together forever, right...?

A week ago, in the capital.

Amadeus felt exhausted after the commotion about his achievement for the empire.

He frowned when he thought of the next people he was going to meet now that he's done with the emperor and his subjects.

The Emperor's younger brother and the esteemed Duke of the empire, Dahon Kasan. That man planned to meet Amadeus together with his oldest son. He was the one who treated him as a son after taking him in their house and let him experience what family and warmth is.

He really doesn't want to meet them again...

He cast his eyes on his hands; the light can't seem to penetrate the gloom in his eyes as he remembered what he has taken from them.

Their precious youngest son, Elys Kasan.

Having grown up together with the Kasan family, he knew how much important Elys is for them... and still, he has determinedly taken their treasure without them knowing and none of them has suspicions on him. Amadeus once thought amusedly as he watched them grow more restless and the house turn more gloomy and silent as the time of Elys's absence grew longer, 'How funny, the next noblest family in the whole empire is scrambling just to find a person...'

Though, after he thought of that. He started having regretting taking Elys away from them. Amadeus started to have thoughts of bringing back Elys, surrender his self and accept his punishments from them. He knew he was twisted, but he at least doesn't want his self to be a monster who has no emotions left.

He cherished Elys more than anything else and he knew from living with the Kasan family that they felt the same way or even more towards Elys. How important and precious Elys is to them.... He can only imagine it.

Still, he wanted to cure Elys no matter what. He can't bear the thought of Elys disappearing from this world and never wake up again because of that stupid Illness. He was too reckless, panicked at the thought and before he thought things more deeply, he has already taken Elys and created the research facility.

Amadeus just wanted Elys to be happy and alive, it doesn't matter if he doesn't reciprocate his feelings, and he is satisfied as long as Elys is well.

But now that Elys is well, what should he do....?

He is going to meet Elys's family soon, should he inform them of his sin and confess his crimes...?

Can he do it...?

The slumped form of the usually firm back of the genius formed a contrast from his former confident self in front of the empire's most esteemed individuals.

........

Looking at the familiar mansion of the Duke Kasan's family, Amadeus felt nostalgic and decisively entered. He was greeted by the old butler of the family who used to take care of him too, Asul.

In spite of the wrinkled hands of Asul, his eyes that were looking at him remained sharp and clear. Asul greeted Amadeus with a benign smile, “It’s been a while, Sir Amadeus. "

" Hm. " He nodded in return and look around, nothing changed in this place. Just like before Elys's disappearance, it seems like waiting for their precious person to come back soon.