6.8 True Love?

Alon felt that Ayon is strangely silent today.

He glanced at the silent mirror and decided to go out again today, just yesterday he noticed that whenever he sneaks out someone would stealthily follow him so he knew that they know about him sneaking out of the palace. They also seemed to be quite familiar about this...

If he's right, then the previous him where he can't remember is probably sneaking out often. That answers why his body is used to it...

Alon looked at the still mirror and sneaked away.

At the moment Alon left, the mirror reflected a faint image of Ayon as she checked if Alon really left and let out a sigh of relief.

Ayon's figure finally cleared as her eyes reflected a melancholic and yearning light when she remembered Pohas.

Ayon's life is very simple. Play around the sea bed and leisurely living in the sea, it was a very peaceful and quiet life. But then she met a human.

He was kind and caring, even knowing she was a mermaid. He didn't care. They spent a long time together and she fell in love with him.

It was a pity though, she can't be with him.

Aside from the fact that she's a mermaid and he's a human. He's leaving soon and go back to his kingdom. She can't accept to be apart but she can't follow him in land with a tail si she affirmed herself and visited the sea witch, Dura, to ask for help. Ayon knew it was a stupid decision but at that time she can't think of anything else.

She promised and made a deal with the sea witch, if she fail, she will be cursed but if she succeed then it's a happy ending.

Ayon hoped for a happy ending and confidently follow that person.

It was uncomfortable at first, but she had fun and saw many beautiful and amazing places as well as people. Following that person and experiencing all sorts of things felt amazing and although there's struggles, that too is a part of her journey. Ayon cherished each and every memories she made in land.

And finally, she met that person and tried to woo him.

Whenever she visits that person, she also a human with a deep set of blue eyes which reminds her of the ocean that she saw on land. It was magnificently beautiful and mesmerizing.

They became friends and asked him questions about how to court the human she likes. He was calm and thoughtful, she felt comfortable whenever she's with him but then he confessed his feelings for her. She was confused, she doesn't know what to answer him and noticing this, her friend told her that he'll wait for her answer.

Unexpectedly, the human she fell in love with suddenly changed and his eyes began to grow hatred and gloom. She doesn't know what happened to him but it seems that she can't reach for him anymore. The human she liked fooled her and used her in a scheme, that's when she realized that she failed her deal with the sea witch.

Before she can say a word to her precious friend, she was already trapped inside this mirror. She still didn't gave her friend her answer...!

Years and years of being swept by the waves made her heart gone cold at the memory of the human she once loved.

She thought that it was cold.

She thought it was, but the moment her eyes met the ocean blue ones again. It seems that, the one she has truly fallen for is that person.

She could only regret and smile bitterly as she watched him leave.

All this time, her heart did not truly love that hateful prince. The time she spent on land is wonderful and fun, she fell in love with the sun, the wind breeze and the only friend that is always at her side.