4.3 Hero!

That day when he first saw the day, that was the first time he tried to escape but failed. Although he saw the sun that was brightly lighting up the world, he was then dragged back to that dark and dirty place.

Until now, he remembered that day. The happiness from seeing the light and hopelessness of failing, his hope was shattered that day. He's just a slave and can only be a slave...

But whenever he see Lucius, he felt like he can be a free person too, not just a slave.

He gave him a name, a place to stay and this place. This is his sanctuary. He hoped that it will stay like this forever...

" Brother Ki! "

Andre snapped out of his thoughts when Lucius called a man in the fields, the man turned around and saw them then waved.

Lucius and him run to him and gave him his food, " From Aunt Mary. " Lucius said smiling at the man.

Ki nodded and patted him on the head, " Thanks! "

After the job, together with Andre, Lucius happily walked towards the forest to pick fruits.

They've got a bunch of fruits this time! Thankfully, they borrowed a cart to carry the fruits before leaving the church. They can still pick some more fruits!

They entered the forest and look for fruits from the trees. Lucius stared at the trees and squinted his eyes to check if there's fruits.

Andre looked around and find the place familiar, isn't this the place where they first met?

Remembering his attitude at that time, his ears redden and nonchalantly continue to pick fruits.

The nuns teach them what can be eaten and what's not, plus they told him that they will check the fruits before giving it to other kids so at the very least, they won't eat a poisonous one...

After picking enough fruits to fill the cart to the brim, they finally go back satisfied with their work. At that night, there was a sumptuous feast for them!

" Ei! Weee~ "

" Yummy! "

The nun watched the kids warmly as they play and eat with other kids. It was a peaceful and happy night.

A year quickly passed peacefully in the small town of Naf.

This day was a sunny day, Andre and him was task again to pick fruits in the forest.

As Lucius was busy checking the fruits in the cart and Andre still picking fruits near him.

Andre stiffened when he heard a rustling noise from a far and turned to look at the place where the sound came, he backed away and was about to grabbed Lucius to run away when a disheveled soldier come into view.

The soldier was obviously lost as he looked around with confused and clueless eyes, there's even leaves everywhere on his body. He seemed to have been rolling around...?

Andre looked at him weirdly and hide Lucius in his back, Lucius noticed his behavior and turned to look at the place he was looking and blinked.

Is this the soldier who will train Andre?

Eh? Time sure passed quickly, it's already time huh...

So his time is near too...

His death that is.

The soldier found them and his eyes brightens, specifically he was looking at Andre who was vigilantly looking at him.

" Hero! I finally found you! Oh thank the goddess! " The soldier said happily as he almost shed tears.