5.11 Karen

Amadeus was then brought to a familiar room, Asul opened the door and greeted his master who was waiting inside and announced his arrival. Amadeus entered the room and saw two handsome individuals inside, it was obvious that they were related to Elys as they both has deep black ebony hair and gray eyes though their eyes were more sharp and clear compared to Elys's soft and gentle ones.

“It’s been a while, isn’t it, Amadeus?” The Duke, Dahon Kasan greeted Amadeus with a smile and gesture for him to sit.

" Yo! " Greeted Ilog, the oldest son of the Kasan family. He nodded politely at their greetings and sat at the couch near them.

Ilog look at him and smiled teasingly, " I heard that you're coming back first? So urgent? You can't even accompany your buddy, huh? "

Amadeus ignored his teasings and answered seriously, " Yes, I still have something very important left in the facility so I'm going back first to check it. "

" Oh-Hohh... "

" Ilog. " Ilog turned silent when Duke Kasan called him sternly and sneakily winked at Amadeus. He missed this taciturn guy ah! It's been years since he didn't manage to tease him!

Duke Kasan sighed at his son's actions and turned to face Amadeus, " Well then, I hope that you take care of your health first and foremost. "

" Yes, sire. "

After the greetings and a short talk about his health and wellness, Duke Kasan turned solem as he look at Amadeus. This was the reason why they called him here even though they knew he was in a hurry.

“Do you perhaps, have any clues or news about the possible whereabouts of Elys?” The Duke asks with a serious expression on his face.

Before responding, Amadeus look at the duke and his close friend and shook his head, “ I apologize but…” He sighed before continuing, “I have been in my facility and did not focus on the activities outside… “ He was subtly saying to the duke that he did not have any clue or news about Elys.

Hearing the expected response from Amadeus, the two remained silent and just smiled sadly.

After a few seconds of silence, the duke responded with an “ I see… “ and said to Amadeus, “ If you have found anything related or news about him, we hope that you share it with us. “

Amadeus can only nod in agreement at the duke’s request.

The tense atmosphere disappeared and the gloom o the faces of the duke and his oldest son faded as they asked him about his life in the facility and if he is taking care of his self properly in that place. The conversation continued in a warm and peaceful manner, it makes Amadeus remember the previous times where he was still living with them; everyday was fun and warm….

Until their reunion ended, the duke and his oldest son bid him farewell as he was leaving. Carrying the deserts the old servant gave to him as souvenirs, he step into the ship and sat beside the window to watch the mansion before the engine starts. After a while, Amadeus looked back at the far away capital as he thought of the Kasan family again. He should go back first in the facility and decide what to do after seeing Elys...

The hover ship flew fast towards the direction of the research facility; it will take around three to five days before they could arrive at the research facility. He thought that it was better if he leave first and let other staff to manage the remaining tasks in the capital.

Amadeus looked outside the window and saw the dark sky full of stars; he wished that these peaceful times won't end...

He then smiled deprecatingly at his thoughts and turn around to go back to his room; his whole body was like being swallowed by darkness as he leaves the window.