1.6 Riel's Hobby

Riel grinned at him, he already accept Mikael as his brother but still felt shy about it. He immediately showed the book he was holding, " I saw that you like reading, this one has an interesting story! Later, when you finish reading. Let's play in the garden, I'll let you see my plants! "

Riel, contrary to his attitude and appearance, likes gardening and he's also good at it. Every plant he managed grew well. Mikael who can only show a bit of smile, nodded expressionless at Riel's invitation but his eyes were light..

Louis smiled while looking at them with a gentle and warm gaze, [ This is great, Mikael can improve and they won't hate each other like in the plot. ]

Kite feel like they are enjoying reading and open the system panel, he thought back of Riel's blackening which didn't happen and what could possibly the cause of it. He read the plot again thoroughly and he found some clues.

The kidnapping incident was not mentioned in the plot, how would you kidnapped a child from a very guarded community and escaped without anyone noticing? What did they use? The answer to these questions might be related to the bug.

As Louis was deeply thinking of these questions, the two boys noticed their Big Brother occupied and looking seriously at the floor.

They looked at each other and saw their own confused face. What is Big Brother thinking about?

They sat up and closed the book, "Kael, let's go outside? "Riel said while looking at Louis's worried face and pulled Mikael. Mikael didn't struggle and nodded. While playing together, they talk about Louis and got closer. As a fellow brother who loves their Big Brother, they should work together and care for each other. Just now, they noticed that he might be lonely without them so they will invite him to play with them to make him happy.

"Big Brother! " Louis snapped out of his thought when he heard Riel and turned the wheel chair around to face them. He saw them walking towards him, it seems like he wandered too far from them. He didn't noticed, the kids probably got worried for him.

" What is it? "Louis said when they got to him, Riel together with Mikael pushed his wheelchair outside the library.

"Eh, where are we going? " He said while trying to see them. Mikael didn't answer, he's a quiet child, he only answers when they're alone while Riel is busy pushing him, his face red from exhaustion. He was worried the kids would feel tired after this so he tried to make them stop but they already arrived at the garden.

There are many different flowers and plants, in the small corner of their garden, there's a pavilion where a small pond with fishes lives. Inside, a table with 5 chairs are arranged when they wanted to relax and enjoy the fresh air.

"We'll show you something! You wait here, okay! "Riel said while pulling Mikael with him. Louis looked at their disappearing figures and sighed. Cute kids are really energetic. Ah he's a kid now too.

Louis who realizes he was a kid again and despaired at the situation was shocked when he saw many butterflies emerging from bushes from where Riel and Mikael left.

Different color of butterflies flew and surrounded the garden then he saw them coming back, both holding a flower in their small hands. Smiling while running towards him, Riel gave the flower to him. Dumbfounded, he accepted the flower. The flower is a beautiful blue and golden in color, it's almost shining. Then he saw Mikael walking slowly and with red ears coming towards him, he stopped and seems hesitant in the middle. Riel noticed and immediately go pulls Mikael with him.

Mikael with a completely red face handed him a violet, red and black flower. Different from Riel's flower which shines with light, the flower Mikael gave was glowing and beautiful like the sky before dawn.

Holding the two flowers, he looked at them. Holding hands, the two of them with stars in their eyes looked at Louis. He couldn't stop the smile from his lips and the happiness passing through his heart, [ These kids will be lady-killers in the future. ]

"Thank you, Riel, Mikael. "He said as he manually rolled his wheelchair closer and hugged them. Ah he's really lucky to have cute and sweet little brothers.

Father also called the previous doctor over, he conducted examinations to Mikael to see if there's any complications and check if his body if still okay.

"This child, while his body is healthy even after suffering physical pain, a Devin's body is sturdy, those kidnappers didn't do much to him, these are minor injuries for a Devin, it's probably to prevent him from escaping but he probably has mental trauma because of this and might affect his views in the future.."The doctor frowned as he talked to them. He also told them about the possible medicine helpful for bruises.

Mikael is in a separate room from them. Mother and Riel is with him so Father talks to the doctor and Louis insist on going too. When he look at the records of Mikael from the doctor, he felt horrible and sad for Mikael who was still small to experience this.

Louis felt father pat his head, "Don't worry, Mikael will be okay from now on. We're here for him. "He said and Louis nodded. Father is right, they will be Mikael's family from now on, they will definitely protect him. Reassured, Louis looked up and was about to thank him but paused when he saw Father's evil grin looking at the files. He immediately closed the files and excused himself.

"We'll make those bastard's pay for this..."Louis heard his father whispered as he closes the door. He breathe out of relief, that was scary.

After a few months, Mikael's health already stabilize however the doctor is still worried of his trauma. He recommended a calming tea for now and will come back when he produces a potion that can help them. Father agreed and thanked the doctor. The doctor shakes his head and said goodbye.

For now, Louis decided to go to their library, he can walk normally now though he can't run around immediately. The Angelis Mansion is so big, it's tiring walking around. He still can't use his abilities normally.

[ I should at least study, they will send us to school soon. I don't know anything aside from the plot and although I have the original's memory. I have to at least refresh what he has studied, properly. ] Kite thought as he brushed his fingers on the books on the shelves.

Louis found a book about the history of this world. He opened it and leaned on the shelves. After reading it for a few hours, it mentioned the different race's hardships and finding this world on the way. The books content, in short was that a thousand years ago, the people of this world -- the human was found by many races coming from different worlds. The different races world was destroyed and they went on a journey to find a new home and encountered the human whose world was peaceful and bountiful. They decided to stay here but found that there are also many races who coveted this place and such war happens. For 20 years, they continued to fight for ownership for this world only to stop because of fear from destroying the world. The poor humans who originally lived here make them signed a treaty, to live in peace and to sealed most of their abilities as to avoid bringing destruction. Then the war ended.

Louis closed the book and looked at the book with suspicions then sighed exasperatedly, [ This absurd plot is so...]

He can't find the right word to define this. In the first place, just where did they come from and how come they found this world at the same time? It's like a storybook, not a history book. He looked around, he suspected that this is not a real history book, maybe the owner is near. He thought.

Louis decided to forget this one and put the book back to its place and find other books to read.

When Louis left, a blonde boy sneakily appeared and take the book of history that Louis was reading before, "I forgot this here, fortunately Big Brother didn't noticed something..." He said and flip the book and open the back. In there, underneath a piece of paper something was written.

Riel's Personally Written, Goal to Become A Writer: The Strongest Race -- Part 3 (Ongoing)

Louis came back to see where the previous book was and saw Riel, he stopped and looked at the kid who was carrying the book and notepad writing furiously. He didn't seem to notice him coming closer and peeked at what he's doing.