4.1 A Trap?

Lucius was dumbfounded as he watched the boy run away from him.

Was he...some kind of a monster?

He raised his hands and touched his soft cheeks.

It felt okay.

He tilted his head in confusion, why did the kid run away as if he was chased by some kind of hideous monster?

" This, should I follow him? " He asked Wes, the kid looked like he doesn't want anyone to approach him. Like a wild beast, he looked at you alertly as he snarled silently while hiding his wounds.

System: No need, Host

" Are you sure? " He looked worriedly at the direction the kid run towards and noticed something.

" That direction, isn't that the way back to the church? "

....

Huffing, he continued to run and saw a building from far away and stopped to hide behind the tree.

He doesn't want to be captured again by slaves merchant.

He peeked and found a church, his eyes blank as he remembered what the boy said to him back then.

There really is a church?

Did that kid telling him the truth?

It was dark as it was night, then a moment later, he saw the boy walking from near him. He was hidden in the bushes so he probably didn't see him.

He saw the boy looking around and scratched his head in confusion then he entered the church.

Was this a trap...?

He was confused, this is the first time he has ever managed to escape fully. He heard many things from outside so he at least has a bit of knowledge about outside his cage.

Still, although he didn't mean to think about this, he was wondering why the kid was still not abducted by the slaves merchant if he was that good looking.

Then he saw the kid stopped before the entrance, he took mud by his clean hands and put it on his face like a mask then took out a plant with the mud to put everywhere on his body. After a while, his looks change.

He looked at this happening stupidly, suddenly the aristocratic young boy turned into a dirty looking town boy.

He blinked.

The boy is also smart aside from being good looking.

He flinched when the boy suddenly turn in his direction.

His bright emerald eyes met his dark blue eyes, they stared for a while and the boy turn his back towards him and finally entered the church.

He pursed his lips, he didn't know if it's a trap or not but he has a feeling that he should follow him.

He hesitated for a while and walked out from his hiding spot then followed him inside.

He looked around the place vigilantly, the boy was nowhere to be found.

It was silent and the moonlight shone from the windows of the church, the goddess statue was seen in the middle of the church. He looked at it darkly, he doesn't believe in gods after all, he once prayed for them to save him but what happened? Nothing.

He turn away from the statue and decided to sleep under the table, if something happened he won't be found easily...

Meanwhile, Lucius was looking at the kid's move from their room.