4.5 Sword

After all, he liked cute and soft things the most.

When they were in the church, he would always pinched the cheeks of the kids and would show a foolish smile from time to time. He would also hug them tight...

He pursed his lips, he was obviously cuter than anyone else! Why didn't he hug him!?

Andre's face darkened and stared at Lucius face until finally, they arrived at the church. All their thoughts disappeared after smelling food from inside.

Food...!

They were really hungry after all that training!

After eating, they laid down together.

After they were partnered up, the nuns decided that they share a bed together to save space, because of this Andre was really embarrassed to look at him, since that day, he somehow become more conscious of him and would feel blood rushed to his face everytime he saw him...

So he would sometimes leave the bed and take a walk outside then come back again to stare at his sleeping face.

Thankfully, Lucius never woke up. He was the kind of sleeper that would never woke up even if a bomb exploded. He didn't know how he got this kind of ability but he's thankful for it.

They both laid on the small bed, facing the ceiling, hearing the kids still energetic and chatting.

After a while, all the kids finally went to sleep.

" Hey, I found this a while back. " Andre turn his head to look at Lucius and saw a stone that was cut in half, it has a silvery tone and was sparkling under the moonlight.

He looked at Lucius inquiringly, Andre saw him grin, " I thought you'll like it? "

Certainly, Andre liked it.

He slowly took it from Lucius's hand and look at it intently, " You'll take this and I'll hold onto this one, alright? "

Andre felt weird after hearing this from him, but it didn't stop him from feeling sweet from the tip of his fingers to his heart.

" Mm. "

" Great! "

" Let's sleep now, we have many things to do tomorrow. " He said as he put the stone under his pillow, Andre absentmindedly nodded as he kept staring at the stone.

" Good night, Andre "

" Good night. "

After a while of staring at the stone, he glanced at the sleeping boy beside him. Andre thought that Lucius was asleep so he moved to the side to look at him.

Lucius face was still the same since he saw him applying that mud in his face. He asked him about why he did that before, he told him that it was to protect the small town from the bandits and slave merchants.

This small town was secluded and far away from the capital after all, they are also hidden in the mountains so few merchants would come to this place because they are poor.

Andre found out that this small town didn't know about the demons invading at all, they all just lived here peacefully with ignorance happily.

Slave merchants won't come here because there are no promising products and bandits won't come because it's poor. So no one really bothered this small town of Naf all these years.

He was shocked when he found out, although he was not outside much. At least, he knew that demons are already causing havoc from every part of the kingdom but this small town keeps peaceful from all of that?