3.8 Jerome

Inside the mansion in a suburb, a monotonous room smelled of medicine. Beside the table full of blood stained bandages and alcohol, in a king size bed laid an unconscious man. His long eyelashes flutters and slowly he opened his dark eyes, just like the night skies without the stars and moon, it was completely void of anything.

Jerome Lanc, he was the youngest son of George Lanc.His father is a wise and cruel man, he let his children fight for his inheritance and turned a blind eye even when he was crippled because of it.

He didn't actually want to join their family, after all. He was just an illegitimate child born from a crazy woman who yearned for his father's love. Jerome's mother, Alicia was a very beautiful woman. She was kind and always wore a smile on her face. She met her father when she was just 16 and thought that it was true love but this fantasy broke down really quick when she found out that she was just one of his mistresses. She tried to be strong and fight for his love, she was was so happy when she bore his child but broke down seeing him with another woman with their child. The constant jeering and malice from her family, neighbors and those woman....even her beloved man left her...

She was young and pure but this all broke her heart to pieces.

She wanted him back, she knows it's crazy but he's all that she's got! She wants his love! So...

She raised their baby, hoped that maybe he will accept her again if their baby looks like him and was very disappointed that the child looked like her. She hated the child, if the child looked like his father then...then he might give her attention right? She might regain his love again.. Then a long time passed, her love turn into hatred.

She turned vicious, greedy, crazy woman because of love. She hated her child and pours all her negative emotions into his little body, vent her anger, her hate, her love but she didn't want him to love, no she didn't want him to feel. Because it hurts her so much.

Expectedly, the child also grew crazy. Maybe because he was her child that he's also crazy?

He's broken inside and learned to mask it all with a smile. He wanted to make his mother happy, whatever it takes he indulge her. It's not much of a surprise if he also got broken and crazy, right?

His mother died. But he didn't feel a thing, after all. She always, every passing moment of his life, mentioned to him that feelings, emotions are unnecessary things. He didn't need them, all he has to do is gain everything he wanted so, he gained it and he didn't care if someone got hurt after all, who cares?

From all that, he didn't feel a thing but he learned to mask them with a smile, he learned to act normal so he managed to make some friends though he didn't expect them to betray him, it didn't affect him that much. Just, the humiliation he experience and the long lost frustration because of the youth was felt and he was irritated because of it.

Still, he narrowed his eyes as he remembered what happened to him at this time.

They must be prepared for letting him a chance to live and not kill him thoroughly.

He looked at his state and found that he was already bandage. He called his assistant from outside.

Seeing him, " Find someone for me. He's from a show.. " Jerome furrowed his eyebrows trying to remember what show was shown at that time when he saw the youth.

" Birth of an Idol. He got lustrous long black hair and dark eyes, probably in his teens. " The assistant nodded and was about to accomplish his order when he was stopped by Jerome.

With a cold and indifferent face, " Open the television and turned it to that show. " His voice taciturn as he ordered him. He somewhat, want to see the youth again, even in screen.