4.11 Five Years Passed...

He was strong enough so he was left alone and given a house to stay and train in solitude. They, the demon king and his generals, didn't come in his place now so he has more time to check Andre and his friends.

As he was training his sword, he heard a familiar voice. He turned his head and saw a half demon with a single horn in the middle of his forehead approaching him.

" Sir Neves! Sir Neves! " He shouted rushing to him with his small wings, he almost tumbled and fall on the way though.

This half demon is the only friend he made in this place, he's a half demon and was considered to be a failure product by the race. He once saved him and appointed him as his servant and he gladly accepted. He managed all the chores in his house and help him when sneaking out.

" What's wrong? "

" Lord Nero is calling you! "

He stiffened when he heard this, " Lord Nero? " He asked slowly in a low voice. Lord Nero is the demon king who hold his life in his hands, in the past years, he explained that he used to connect our life to revive him.

" I see, I'll go now. " He said calmly and put the sword back to it's sheath in his waist.

Entering the throne room, he remain calm and indifferent from the scrutinizing gazes of the generals at the side and greet the demon king respectfully.

" How are you, Neves? "

" I'm fine, Your Majesty. " He answered with reverence in his voice as he kneeled towards the demon king.

" Come. " The demon king said and he raised his hands towards him.

" It is my utmost honor, Your Majesty. " He said and walked towards the demon king then he kneeled again, he felt that demon king's hand in his head and his eyes turned absent-minded for a while.

The generals watched this happening and remain silent as they watched the youth's expression.

After a while, the demon king raised his hand from the youth's head, his eyes remained cold and emotionless as he bowed again and thanked the demon king in reverence before the demon king allowed him to leave.

The door silently closed, leaving them looking at the youth's fading figure. The generals glanced at the demon king and saw a face full of satisfaction. They then determined that it was a success as they all grinned, the tool to rival a hero was fully in their control!

Meanwhile, after entering his house.

Lucius leaned on the door and sighed, he kneaded his head and frowned. That was always a scary experience, the demon king touching his head everytime ah! He always tried his best to stop the goosebumps from appearing!

Thankfully, this time they finally confirmed that he's in their control. He can leave safely for a long period of time without them always checking him.

He walked towards the cabinet and took out a cloak and a white mask that completely covered the upper part of his face. He bought them from the system shop, they are cheap and has a good quality. He like them very much, and with this he can help Andre and his friends in case of danger and not just watch.

In the last five years, aside from training, he has wondered on why does the hero and his party would want to destroy the world.

After watching them, he saw a glimpse of the answer. That's why, he decided to help them and somehow make them not hate the world.

He hoped that he can be of help to them...

.....

The sound of laughter of the kids from the church and the familiar wind breeze surrounded him, he was in the destroyed small town of Naf and like nothing happened, every place was restored and the townspeople continue their lives busily.

Andre faced this bustling scene indifferently, this scene can't move his heart anymore, after all he only wants to see one person and so, he walked towards the place near place they train, he knew, he always see Lucius in that place.

Seeing him sitting under the tree sleeping peacefully, he stopped and watch him from a far.

He missed him so much.

Sometimes, he didn't want to wake up from his dreams. It's okay to stay here with him but then he would wake up and everything will disappear, making him face disappointment and despair each time.

As he was mulling in his thoughts, he saw him waking up and looking at him with his bright and sunny smile.

He unconsciously walked towards him and sat on his side, he felt Lucius's hand caress his cheeks. He lowered his eyes as he let him touch him, even if he knew this was a dream...even if he might feel the already familiar despair and hopelessness, even if he might already be crazy...

But each time he saw him smile, he felt that it doesn't matter even if the world ends as long as he stayed by his side...

He smiled and grasped the gentle hand on his cheek, a tear escape from his eyes and fall on Lucius's fingers.

Looking at the ceiling blankly, he touched his face and felt tear tracks. He wiped them and sat up gloomy, he raised his head and looked around the familiar room.

He was not in the small town of Naf, where everyday passed by peacefully and happily, he's not with them. They are all dead. Lucius is dead. He's not real.

Under the sun's illumination, the simple room lighten up and sunshine covered the place. Andre covered his face silently as he tried to calm down the tumultuous emotions he felt inside, his deep despair couldn't flow out from the depths of his pupils as he closed them calmly.

He was only in his dreams, he's not real...

In precisely that moment, he heard a knock on the door, he then heard Aera's voice outside the door, " Hey? Andre, are you awake? We have to go now. "

" Yeah... " Andre answered with lowered eyelids, his darkened eyes can't be seen. He then stood up to prepare for their trip to the Red Leaf Forest to take the holy sword.

Andre already outgrown Hal's height at 17, his short blonde hair and bright blue eyes glistened in the sunlight, however they were cold and indifferent. He was wearing a simple attire combined with the sword in his hip, he looked like a handsome heartthrob that many ladies would swoon for.

He walked out the room holding his sword and met with his friends, he nodded at them and they started walking out of the house provided with them by the kingdom.

After training for five years, their abilities have all grown and they were now stronger than anyone in the kingdom. Their instructors mentioned that they can already defeat a mid-level demon however, they still lack experience in fighting.

The goal for this journey is for Andre to get the holy sword, they will be accompanied by a few soldiers and to have an experience in fighting real opponents.

Before they depart, they were called by General Eal, he was the one leading the kingdom to fight the demons in south. They were also about to depart but stayed for a while to instruct the hero party. They all respect him especially Kato.

In a military tent, a group of generals and soldiers together with the hero party, surrounded the big table where the map lay.

" You must have known this now but I'll briefly explain it again, " He said sternly as he looked at them, he then pointed at the map.

" In the northern gate, past the Tsrif Mountain is the Red Leaf Forest, in there holds the holy sword that was given by the goddess since ancient times and became active again when the prophecy came down however, "

" That place is now heavily guarded by the demons, they don't want us, specifically the hero to get a hold of it. "

" Hero, this holy sword is the only thing that can defeat the demon king and only you can take it. We did made a move to capture that forest back but the demons are too strong and ambushed us, this cause the great general Katu to perished to the kingdom's failures. " Kato clenched his fist after hearing this and his eyes burned in determination and fighting spirit.

" Currently, the demon are attacking aggressively in the southern part of the kingdom and we can't give you much help but we will provide you the best soldiers to escort you to the place. "

" Yes, thank you. General Eal. " Andre and the others said as they bowed towards him.