6.5 Inam

Few days passed, both Ayon and Alon peacefully stayed inside Alon's room. For Ayon, she's inside the mirror so she's got no choice while for Alon, he decided to sleep everything through to process that he just met a mermaid who is stuck inside a mirror because of the sea witch curse... Anyways, he decided to sleep and get a good rest.

Alon sat up groggily, his previously shining golden eyes looking tired and there's a suspicious darkness just below his eyes making him look weary and pale. Seeing him like this, all the staff in his palace worried to death and gave him all their attention. King Langit also heard about the news and visited him in the afternoon and joined him for lunch. Still, Alon's gloomy mood didn't improve and Steward Dikit thought that maybe some alone time will do for the prince to think through his jumbled thoughts. Hence, they look in worriedly at their precious prince before leaving his room.

Knowing that they all left, Alon raised his hands and covered his face, the fact that he can see that mirror just beside his bed is stressing him out. He just can't accept the reality that he bought home a suspiciously cursed mirror and have a calm conversation with it a few days ago. He must have hit his head hard causing him to lose his memory AND SANITY. That must be it, he's crazy! Goddd...

" Hey, what's wrong with you? "

Alon raised his eyes when he heard the mermaid, Ayon's voice.

Then facepalm again, " Oh god... "

After a few minutes of lamenting his fate and luck, Alon stood up confidently and turn to the mirror, " I'm going out for a while. See you later. "

Alon decided to escape reality.

He then sneaked out and reached the shore.

He sighed out if relief when he saw the sparkling ocean and walked around. Ah, the breeze is so nice and warm...

Feeling peaceful, he smiled blissfully.

Alon greet an old sailor who just came back from the sea.

He also some shiny sea shells around and pick some to look, he tried hearing the sound of ocean from inside.

Alon hummed happily while carrying the sea shells.

Ah, this is life.

Warm and at peace, it's happiness.

On his way, he also found the hideout location.

He didn't expect to find this when he wasn't even trying to in the first place, still Alon entered, it was a simple open space under a cliff. There's a small chest in the corner and table as well as small chair and a satchel, it seems like a place to hangout and take a rest to.

Nice, he needed a rest. He should stay here for a while...

As he just sat, he heard a familiar flapping sound from behind him. Alon's smile strained as he refused to turn around to see what's possibly behind him at that moment, though before he managed to find an escape route, a creature sprout out from the water and sat on a rock just near his hideout.

Alon is really questioning his luck right now.

Having no choice, he turned around and blankly look at the creature. This is the second time, he should at least, remain calm.

Alon calmly glanced at the fins hidden within the creature's silver hair. It twitch like it noticed it's being watched. He then look at the glittering silver tail below the creature's waist flipping awkwardly as he stared at it for a long time.

This....

Alon blinked confusedly.

This seems situation seems to happened before? It feels familiar, like he has done this same thing and met this creature before. Is it before he lost his memories?