2.8 Museum

Mata looked on and pushed the soul contract to them, " We need each if your blood and let it drip in the paper, then it's done. " Luntian cut his finger and a drop of blood fell on the paper then he gently held Oras's hand and seemed reluctant to hurt him as he hesitate to cut his finger.

" It's fine. It will heal quickly. " He encourage him as Luntian cut him fast and didn't feel anything. A drop of blood fell on the paper and the soul contract glowed and turned white.

" Here, it's signed. Congratulations. " He said and smiled at them. He showed us the contract. " We will hold in to this " then he passed the contract to the assistant. The assistant received the contract with reverence and left.

That's all? Oras thought. The contract signing that he knew took at least an hour or more. Maybe because it's a different world so it's different?

Maya smiled when he saw Oras with an inquiring face as he look at the assistant that was going to another office, " Unlike other contracts, soul contract is the simplest and fastest to sign compare to it's conditions. Others took a day at most when signing. "

Oras nodded and thanked them before leaving. He has to pull Luntian because he seemed out of it, he's starting in a daze since the contract glowed.

" Ah, if you want. You can visit the museum. It's just at the end of the hallway. " Oras heard Mata said before the door closed. He lead Luntian to the museum, they have time plus he has to know for about this world. The villain self destructing, the answer might be in the museum. If not, he'll find a library.

Ulap stayed and watched them leave.

" *Sigh I'm so jealous... " The red head groaned after they leave and leaned on his chair as he looked at the ceiling.

" Yeah, but even like this. I'm happy for Luntian. " A lady with green hair said as she leaned on the table and sighed. The others agreed too and smiled wryly at each other. As a betrayed Serces, they all yearned for a master like that ah

Mata watched them and pick up the paper of the youth again.

Oras Wells
99% Character
99% Soul
99% Overall Compatibility

It's just a piece of paper but it told many things. The character and the soul. A soul compatibility might be higher but if the character is low. It's a minus. If for example, a person has a 99% soul but 50% character. No Serces would like to get contract to that person unless desperate.

In Luntian's case, his previous contract partners are all a desparate attempt to find the person from his dreams. Most of them has a low on both but Luntian still contracted them because he wanted to see if it's the person from his dreams. They tried to talk to him and persuade him but to no ado. They can only help him in testing them and this is the outcome, they all betrayed him. The contracts that they signed are always the temporary contract, what they didn't know was if they betrayed a Serces. A punishment is needed for violating the contract.

They didn't made it public because they wanted to meet person who will show their true selves and be good to them even if there's no punishment in the contract. But here in the association, all got betrayed.

A betrayed Serces will develop symptoms of mania and slowly go insane. They created a medicine to slow the process but it can't be stopped. The truth of their curse from the gods is much more deeper than what the people know.

Serces is the name of the man who is known as the  blessed child of gods. From the tales of old. Serces, before he became the first King of the kingdom that rules the world, fell in love with a goddess. He tried all ways to court the goddess and profess his live to her. In the end, the goddess was moved by his love and came down from heaven to be with him.

The goddess help him build the kingdom and married him as his queen and gave birth to a child. They live happily everyday until the goddess got sick. Her powers backlashed and made her sleep for a long time. The King grieved beside her and stayed with her. A long time passed and the goddess woke up, she thought that her lover would be beside her but found that he wasn't.

The goddess has been asleep for 50 years and because the king was blessed by the gods, he stayed young even after 50 years. The goddess finds him and found that he has many concubines and a queen wife as a replacement of her. The goddess was so angry and hurt by him but she wants his explanation and tried to forgive him, she asked for explanation but the man she loved changed. He had children with his 39 concubines and their child was killed by him. This time the goddess showed no mercy and turned him into a tree. So that he won't be able to cheat again.

The goddess looked at his children and felt more fury, her child was killed but they lived!? She cursed them to feel and experience this feeling, the pain of betrayals, after the goddess curse them. She shed tears and came back to heaven. From then on, the curse began, to find their partner and be betrayed. This cycle continue endlessly.

That's what Oras surmised as he read all the images shown on the wall of the museum, a mural of the origin of the curse. I see so the goddess curse them all for revenge for her child. But wait, the tree on the wall is... Ygdrassil? No way? It's the first King?

He really became a tree, that king. Still, Serces is his name? They all bear this name. A person who betrayed his love. Oras blinked at the image of the King and goddess together smiling. They look so happy, what happened? He kneaded his forehead as he fell in deep thought.

The first King obviously love the goddess so why did it change so suddenly? Something happened between the time the goddess went sleeping. Oras concluded.

Meanwhile, Luntian is also in deep thought, although he knew that Oras would accept his request at that time. He didn't expect him to agree immediately and felt overwhelming joy deep in his heart.

The first time he saw the youth and saw his eyes, his soul trembled, somehow he knew it was him. The one that he was always waiting and yearned for. The dread in his heart that was born eversince he saw that dream has disappeared. The feeling of warmth almost felt unreal at that time.

Then a voice deep inside him told him to never let go if this person. Don't let him go this time and to always be with him.

He takes a deep breath and narrowed his eyes, he doesn't know why he felt like this but he won't let this person away even without that voice telling him.

Luntian quickly snapped out of his thoughts and looked beside him, they entered the museum for a while now and Oras is still staring at the murals until now.

" Oras. " He called. Oras flinched and looked at him. He scratched his head and said awkwardly, " Ah I got preoccupied haha "

" Let's go? "

After saying that he hold his hands and pulled him away from the murals, " I'm quite hungry now. Ah can you cook? " He asked as he pulled Luntian.

Luntian nodded and realized that he's not looking at him answered, " Yes, I can cook. "

" Great! Let's go to your house? " Oras smiled and said to him. Luntian lowered his head and nodded, looking at him with gentle eyes. He liked it when this person smiles, everytime he saw him smile his world brightens. They walked home together and Oras didn't noticed that he has gotten used to holding hands with him which makes Luntian happy.

" Waah! We finally arrived! That took a while. " A girl with blue hair and eyes stood in front of the outer circle gates of Gubat City with her party members. They all sat on the ground in exhaustion and rest. That's right, the female lead finally arrived at the Gubat City..

" Will we meet him here? The city is so big... " Lupa said wryly as she took off her hat and fan herself. She looked at the big walls and leaned on a tree. They just came out of the forest and was really tired after finishing the task and going straight to here.