4.13 Their Hero

With new aspirations and goals, the heroes day ended. Andre took the holy sword and came back to the castle to officially start their journey to the demon castle.

The kingdom has started a parade for their departure, all the happy people cheering for them has make them to defeat the demon king for them, for peace and happiness of the kingdom.

Outside the royal capital, they all stared at the rising sun, they hoped to meet their savior again to thank him for saving their lives.

.....

" The demon has already occupied many parts of the kingdom as of now. " Andre said as they walked towards their first destination. It's been weeks since they have departed from the royal capital.

" Nelebes is a seaside village near the kingdom, it's been under the demon's reign for eight years. "

They arrived at a cliff and hear the waves from the ocean, a sea breeze greeted them as they grew near and saw a astonishingly beautiful view.

The vast blue ocean shining under the sun like jewels as the waves come ashore the village. The wide ocean was so beautiful and mesmerizing. It was such a disappointment for demons to occupy this place for eight years...

" Hide. "

They all hide behind the trees and saw the villagers working silently under the urgings of the demons.

Their clothes look like rags, they are skinny to the point that you can see their bones, they eyes were lifeless as they continue doing their works in the village.

They looked like they were just barely living...

Seeing the situation the people were in, Aera and Kato wanted to fight the demons immediately and defeat them.

On the way here, they have trained and gained more experience as they practice their skills on monsters.

Now, they felt that they can defeat these demons all by their selves!

.......

Seeing the dead demons.

Their eyes lit up in happiness after finally defeating a low demon and saving the village.

They did it...!

They can finally defeat a low demon without Mr. Mask's help! Though it's only a low leveled demon...

*cough, anyway, they finally killed one! Together!

Happy, they all looked at each other and smiled.

The people living in the village started walking out of their hiding place and looked around blankly, seeing the unmoving and blood filled ground beneath the demons. Their expressions turned strange and turn their head to look at them.

They scattered and looked around, the ruined houses and fields and the corpses of their own. Their expressions suddenly turn into anger and hatred towards the hero party.

Seeing them happy after killing the demons, they felt an indescribable rage bubbling inside them.

Then the villagers came to them, they thought that they were going to be thanked but it's the opposite, they accused them of being late that killed their families. Their blood runs cold at this and disappointed of the people.

" What hero!? They are useless! You can't even save my child! " A mother carrying her lifeless child.

" What have you done!? " An elder

" We got nothing left! You destroyed them! " A man

" My child!!! " A elder

" It's all your fault!! " A teenager