5.15 Escape Part 3

With surging anger within him, Al took a step forward and throw a punch towards his friend and brother. He has no choice, if he want to free him then he has to kill him quickly! From the bloodstains on his hands and face, it was obvious that he was made to eat something. Just from that image, they can almost imagine just what horrible things was done to him to make their precious friend like this. After being treated like a plaything, those bastards turn him into a guard and made him into a human eating monster!

Ann scrambled to hide from their battle and watch from the sides. She wanted to fight too but she knew that she would be a burden to Al if she tried to join them. She watched them fight for a while and when Al was about to kill him, he suddenly stopped and bit his lower lip as he look at the guard's bloody face underneath him. He can't do it....

Why does he have to kill his brother and friend? Why do they need to experience all this? Is this a punishment from heaven? Did they do something so horrible in their past lives!?

Ann saw Al stopped just before his fist contact that person's head, somehow she felt sad but she didn't know why.

" Al! " Then her eyes widened and she dash from where she was and pushed Al aside as the guard, their previous friend and brother, self destructed.

Allegra sat blankly after being pushed by Ann and turn around only to see Ann and his friend exploding together. Blood started to splashed and rain through him, both Ann and his friend died without even leaving anything...

.....

Aurelius frowned after coming out and continued to run towards the meeting place, only to sense that he's the only one there. It seems that he's the first one to arrive here.

Looking around, he decided to hide in the trees and climb up, sat on one of the stronger looking branch and waited for them.

Meanwhile, Beldevere and Dante escape together. Although Dante is blind, his other senses is sharper than anyone in their group and familiarize his self to their sound and smell so he can find them easily. Though, it won't be used as Beldevere already arrived in front of his room using the seed he was given from before in their previous meetings.

" Let's go? " Bel asked as he reached his hand out to him, although Dan can't see him, he can sense his presence. He really like Bel's presence that was similar to the forest he was living in before...

Dan nodded and out his hand on Bel's hand and they escape together.

Bel lead Dan outside the facility, the path was smooth and they didn't encounter anyone. Dan and Bel frowned as a breeze passed by carrying the smell of decayed flesh and blood, Bel saw countless bodies of subjects not far away. But their expressions quickly change as they fervently look in front.

Bel took a deep breath and saw the forest from afar, a forest! Although it's just an ordinary one and his relatives are not there, it's still a forest! Very important! A treasure!

Ahhh, it's been a while since Bel has seen one. He felt like crying...

While Dan is feeling the same intense longing towards the smell of the leaves, it's a forest! A forest! He has smelled this same forest before and tried to escape once but failed, although he was not killed, he was out in a more tight security because of that.

" Let's go. " Bel pulled Dan as they started running towards the forest they both longed for.

Aurelius saw Bel and Dan from afar.

They both look very...very excited.

Aurelius look a them weirdly and thought that they were from the forest so it must be because they missed it very much? Still, the glint in their eyes are so scary...

He decided to just ignore them for a while and wait for them to calm down before appearing before them. Aurelius nods to his self and thought as he was staring at their crazed expressions, he should wait then.

Meanwhile, Ada stared at her legs and Clara's white slender legs.

Sir Fifth has taught them how to transform their tails into two human legs, it was hard doing it at first but they got used to it after a while. The hardest thing was to used them to walk and run.

As there's only few sea folks in the facility, they were all in the same wide area with barriers between their rooms to separate them. Right now, Ada and Clara managed to get outside of that sector and met with each other. They have already been instructed by Sir Fifth to stick to each other after getting out of the waters as they were weaker outside of it. They also have to make it out fast as their legs can't stay much longer so the two of them immediately find the way out and met with Aurelius who was still sitting on a branch and two excited kids running around the forest.

Ada and Clara look at each and blinked.

Ah, they should just wait for the others...

Ada took out a small bottle pill and gave one to herself and Clara, it was a water pill, it was named by Sir Fifth like that as the original name was so complicated he forgot it. The pill was supposed to be for the sea folks to survive longer on land and let their human legs stay for a day. It was rarely used as it was very poisonous for normal sea folks but for the two of them, it was just a slightly bitter pill to swallow. Though they can only take one every three days or else they will be poisoned too.

They then sat on the ground and leaned on the tree where Aurelius was in.

Inside the facility.

The man walked out of the laboratory of the scientists he visited leaving two confused individuals inside. He turn to look at the hallway where Subject 026 escaped to and sighed.

He hope that that child can escape this place.

He turn to the opposite direction and walked towards the room he has plan to go before meeting that child. After a few turns, he saw the same white door and entered the code to enter the room. Inside, six scientists were sitting silently at the round table as if mussing at something. He reached for his position and sat down.

The meeting for today was because they have noticed Fifth's plan for the thirteen subjects to escape however they didn't make move to prevent this from happening or try to stop it whether it's the destruction of the facility or their plan to escape.

All of them in this room has been recruited anonymously by the facility, at first they thought it was just a normal research facility about organisms and medicine but the longer they stayed here the more they know that that wasn't it. Still, because of them knowing too much, they can't escape this place nor leak whatever they knew outside the facility. It was terrifying and frustrating to be controlled and restrained here, they were made to conduct inhumane experiments and watch as the children they cherish died one after another.

Despair engulfed their being.

They have also felt guilty and hated their selves for not having the ability to save the kids. Even so, they tried turning a blind eye everytime they see children trying to escape and hope for them to get out of this place. A few of them was threatened or forced to continue working in the facility and although they didn't like what they were doing, this didn't erased the horrible things they have done in this place so they subtly helped the escaping kids by distracting the others as this is the only thing they can to do for the kids.

After all, they can't even help their own self and has no right to resist in this deep murky waters that they have put their selves into.

Back to Amy and Nova's side.

Nova gasped, out of breath after running for so long. Even after all the training given to him by Sir Fifth... It seems that he still can't make it...

The entrance of the forest was still so far away, he bit his lips in frustration. He's such a burden to his sister, if only he died... He wouldn't be burdening his sister anymore. From young, his sister always takes care of him. She can't go out because she's busy taking care of him. She can't even do what she likes...

He glanced at his sister who was waiting for him worriedly, the others were already on their way to the forest but here they are stucked in this place. He felt something salty in his mouth, he tried to stop it but he ended up vomiting them more. He felt weak and light, he started seeing blackened spots in his vision.