Arc 04

" Useless thing! "

The sound of whip and low groans was heard, the dark grey sky sometimes seem to show lightnings followed by the grumbling hidden in the clouds.

It was going to rain soon.

That's what he thought, he was the only one staring outside, the other children were just staring blankly in front, their eyes lifeless and absent-minded with bruises all over their body. In their feet are chains to prevent them from escaping, everytime someone moves it will collide with the metal surrounding them in the small space creating a clinking sounds.

In spite of the storm coming, the angry crackling voice didn't stop and the whipping only intensifies.

Near them was two individuals with a muscular body, they have swords holding in their waist and stopping a woman's hysterical shouting trying to reach towards the man sprawled on the ground, they were the man's bodyguard.

The man was sprawled on the ground, begging, his back is already a bloody mess and there was traces of old whipping scars on his back. It was obvious that this was not the first time he experience this.

The furious man didn't stop and just continued, laughing.

The older individuals looked away from the scene and closed their eyes as their hands with  chains trembled every now and then as they heard the sound of the whip colliding with the man's flesh.

Kneeling on the ground was a woman, she was desperately trying to stop the man but she was stopped by the bodyguards.

" Please! Stop! He's going to die! " The woman exclaimed as she was trying to escape from the bodyguards hold.

Unable to keep enduring, one man run towards the man who was whipping and pushed him in the ground. He looked at his comrades and saw them attacking the bodyguards and taking their swords. They use the chains on their hands to knock them out and impaled the swords on the bodyguards body.

The swords fell down as they breath heavily.

Everyone was shocked as they stare at the dead bodies on the ground, the rain started pouring washing the blood away. Then, they all snapped out of it as their eyes change.

They turned to look at the man who was restrained by him and all of the people surrounded them. Their eyes glows with revenge and hatred.

" You! I order you to let me go this once! " The man angrily shouted, struggling to escape the man's hold. Seeing the dead bodies of his bodyguards on the ground, it was the first time he felt scared all his life.

Together, they beat the man to death and took the keys to their chains. The man died with wide eyes open, as a noble he was very arrogant, rich and has a strong backing, for sure he didn't expect to die in a dump place like this. Unfortunately, he was unlucky.

They looked at their dead master and took their chains off.

They were all slaves.

And, they were now free.

The older ones opened the cage who has the kids in and removed the chains on their feet.

The heavy sound of metal continue fall on the water as it splashed together with the grumbling in the sky.

" Are you guys okay? " One of them gently ask the kids.

Some of the kids was still blankly staring, they didn't have any reactions as to what happened while some were crying and smiling at the adults who freed them but one of them silently looked around.

" It's okay now, we're free now... " She said as she gently hug the kids who was crying.

The older ones and those who were celebrating were just sold and only experience a few years of being a slave so they dare rebel and be happy but them, who are sold since they are born faced the darkest, horrible and hideous things that humans can do. They all have died since long ago, their hearts cannot carry the pain but some of them carry on. Even with lifeless eyes, he studied his surroundings carefully. He wanted to live, that's what the only reason he was fighting for.