5.18 Elys

" Are they the kids with my baby? " Asked the woman as she looked at the lifeless kids on the other side of the mirror.

" Yes, madame. "

" Hmm.... "

Inside the room, they all look lifeless.

They all look sullen and gloomy as the death of their friends took a toll on them.

Even after escaping that place, it seems that they entered into another hell. They have realized that, the world outside might be, just the same kind of place like that facility...

They all raised their head after seeing the man who rescued them enter the room and told them about their situation. Hearing from the man that they were all considered to be an unstable creatures who might turn their claws on innocent people in the eyes of the empire is horrifying and they all turn pale except Shiro as he knew that this would happen, after all there's no way individuals like them who practically grew up in that environment can't be possibly of sane mind after knowing what they have gone through. Treating them with hospitality and caring for them in an isolated room is the best the people from the authorities sympathy could give them.

" W-What will happen to us now? "

" Why are you caging us here?! "

" Did you see anyone in the island..? "

They all turned silent after hearing that question as they all stared at the man, waiting for an answer.

The man shakes his head, they all lowered their head in dejection after seeing the man's response.

Shiro silently sat in his bed before suddenly looking at the mirror in their room, he seemed to see someone at the other side who looks like Elys..

Shiro laughed silently, there's no way...

It must be one of them, right?

It's not rare, he's been seeing Elys everywhere, ah

He's been seeing them since he saw the island exploding and not seeing him coming back. In his dreams, beside him, even outside the window when he looked outside.

Elys's silhouette always appear near him, he must have gone completely crazy, right?

But Shiro is happy that he can still see Elys like this, from time to time, he wished to deceive his self that Elys did not leave and stayed instead. If the hallucinations disappeared, he might do something totally crazy though so he's thankful that they keep appearing...

The woman outside frowned seeing the kids inside, they were all classified as dangerous by the empire and will be isolated from others for the time being to see if they can live outside without harming others.

She does not want her baby to be associated with them at all. After reading all the informations about what happened in that island and the kids who suffered inhumane experiments in there, just thinking that her baby could possibly experience that is enough to make her crazy. She does not want her baby to be separated from them ever again, thinking like this the woman turned around and glanced at the director of the hospital.

" We'll leave then. " She said and look at the kids for the last time and whispered softly, " Take care of them well. "

" Yes, please take care. "

The woman walked away of the building and entered a vehicle, she sighed as she watched the festival outside. Today was the foundation of the empire as well as the birth date of Elys, it was a very festive and happy day but somehow she felt down while remembering the kids inside. She knew it was selfish of her to hide her baby from them as it looks like they were close to him, but she just can't... She can't let them close, yet. For now, she wanted to monopolize her baby for herself and her family.