4.4 Grateful

Hal Aman gasped in amazement as he look at the kid that was always beside the hero, he was also amazing! No wonder the hero always followed him! Great!

" Oohh! You have great potential! Amazing! This is a blessing! Uuhh *sniff the goddess hasn't abandoned us! *sniff " He said as he started crying and snot all over his face.

Lucius looked away awkwardly, not wanting to see his foolish appearance and stopped what he was doing, he let the wooden sword stay on the ground as he sat in it. Andre approach him and sat beside him, together they watch the shameful and loud trainer of theirs crying to his goddess.

" Ahem! Sorry about that, I get emotional easily... Anyway, now that I know your level, I can train you with ease! " He said as his face shows satisfaction whenever he looked at them, they just looked at him weirdly in return though.  Noticing this he coughed again, " The most effective way to train kids like you is to fight directly, so... " He said as he looked at them grinning while raising his wooden sword at them.

" Let's start now then! Ready! "

....

Exhausted, Andre and Lucius lay on the grass gasping for breath.

It's been three months since Hal Aman started training them, although the guy was kinda stupid, he was a very strict instructor. They almost died everytime of their trainings, at first they would go back to the church battered and full of bruises but as time passed by, they got used to his moves and sometimes get a blow to him. Well, it's only sometimes though...

" Oh gosh.. "

" Haha " Andre chuckled at hearing this.

" You even have a nerve to laugh? "

" Well... "

" I'm so tired... I wanna quit... " Lucius said blankly as he stared at the blue sky.

" You really want? " Andre asked curiously.

"...."

" Well, I want to but I need to do this ah "

" After all, if I'm weak, how can I protect the hero? " He said teasingly while grinning at Andre who was beside him.

Andre looked away blushing, Lucius bright eyes and smile makes his heart beats a little bit faster, or maybe he was just tired? Andre's eyes looked confused as he thought about as to why his heart beats faster whenever he is with Lucius. His face turned redder as thought of a possibility.

Lucius didn't notice this anomaly because he was also red faced from exhaustion so he thought his friend was also tired which cause him to be red faced.

Lucius sighed as he closed his eyes and felt the gentle breeze brushing his face.

Hal Aman wait for them to rest as he also leaned in a tree to take a breather, this kids are monsters ah! They are too strong! And this is only three months after they started! If others know of this, they probably wouldn't know if they would laugh or cry at this monstrous talents...

" Luci! I've got something to tell you. " Lucius turned his head around to see the nun calling him, " Ah, I'll go first! I'll come back later!" He said as he stood up and followed the nun into the church. Andre was about to follow him but stopped when he heard this and silently sat beside Hal.

Hal Aman and Andre watched him as he leave, now they are the only one left in this place as the wind swept the leaves on the ground.

" Say, I've been curious why you always stick to Lucius, may I know the reason why? " Hal Aman asked curiously as he looked at the future hero beside him who looks serious after hearing his question.