2.10 Number

He saw him taking out a knife from his clothes and pointed it at him.

Luntian stopped and looked at him like he was a fool. It seems that this man is really a fool.

Serces are different from ordinary humans because their ancestor is the blessed child of God, this makes them inherit the strong body and abilities that other humans didn't have. It was obviously known to all organisms in the world but this man, wanted to kill him with his puny strength and weak body?

Was this man that stupid? His eyes glowed red. He wanted to kill him?

The man stiffened at this and lets go of the  knife in his hands. His knees trembled and he fell down on the ground.

" You... You... Hiii! " He said trembling as he tried to back away from him. Unfortunately for him, his back met a barrier and he looked at him fearfully. Luntian unsheathed his sword and walked towards him slowly. The man raised his arms and tried to stopped him but it was too late. For him to raise his knife at him, he must have been prepared to die in return right?

Luntian's eyes were completely red as he looked down at his supposedly master. He tried to kill him, he deserves to die too.

" Please Don't... Don't kill me! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I-- " Before he even managed to finish what he was going to say, he was slayed. Luntian looked at the corpse in front of him and slashed again and again and again.

Everything in this world...

He hates it.

The dream he saw, the person who treated him gently

Why can't he meet him?

Why does everyone tried to hinder him?

If he can't meet him.

He will destroy everything.

He stopped when he heard footsteps. He stood in place and didn't move, he was waiting for whoever it was to appear. Is he one of this corpse accomplice?

If yes, then...

Luntian's eyes flash sharply and took a glance to where the sound came from. Seeing a youth, with his soft black hair swaying in the wind and deep violet eyes in deep thought. He seems to lose his breathe. He was, the most beautiful person he has ever seen in his entire life. He walked towards him and took note of how the youth didn't notice him getting near.

It took a while for the youth to notice him, he took this chance and stare at the young man more. Once he meet his eyes, his soul trembled. He felt like he has seen those eyes before, he doesn't know where and when but he felt it from the depths of his soul. Serces has a very sensitive senses, what ordinary humans can't feel but they can and he somehow knew that this person is the one he is looking for but before he asked him, he lost consciousness and when he woke up for the second time. The young man is gone.

Luntian blinked his eyes at Oras and told him all he remembered. Oras nodded and listened to him carefully without any expression of disgust and repulsion from his eyes for him who just ended a life in front of him, in fact he just ignored the fact that he just killed someone. Luntian was confused at this, why isn't he asking about that? He thought he would be angry at him.

Luntian lowered his eyes in thought, there is no expression showing from this person even when he told him how that man died. Why? Does he not understand or he doesn't care?

He raised his eyes to peek at the expression of the young man beside him after telling him everything.

Oras sighed out of relief and smiled at him, " I see. " He said then nodded. He have more questions to ask so he thought for a second and opened his mouth.

" Well, how about your-- "

" You... " Oras stopped what he was going to ask when Luntian interrupted him and turned his head towards him. He saw his green eyes staring at him intently. He tilted his head in confusion.

" You won't ask about...at that time.. " Luntian said insecurely. He immediately regretted it after saying those, he shouldn't have asked. It's fine if he didn't asked. What if this makes the youth leave him? What if he suddenly realized that he's repulsed by what he has done? Luntian bit his lips in anxiety while waiting for the young man's answer. He lowered his head to hide the deepening of red hue from his eyes and tightened his hold on Oras's hands.

Oras noticed this and thought about what 'that' in Luntian's question means, he then realized that it was when they meet in the forest. He stared amusingly at Luntian and bumped his forehead to make him look at him, " It doesn't matter. I won't ask about it. You don't have to worry, I don't really care about the man. After all, he tried to hurt you.. " After saying this, Oras frowned at the thought of the target getting hurt again. He feels like this world is trying to get rid of him, he also vaguely felt it in the previous world.

Looking at the youth who looked worried and angry for him, Luntian foolishly laughed and narrowed his eyes in joy. This is the first time he ever felt like his existence is important and cherished by someone, it didn't feel bad, in fact he liked it so much. Burying his head in Oras's embrace, he sighed contentedly. He wishes that they will be together for a long long time.

Oras looked at the puppy like villain and felt amused in his heart. The target obviously looked like an personalization of the word abstinence and for him to act spoiled like this to him is quite cute. Curling his lips, he caress Luntian's hair as they rest in the couch.

" Well, how about this? " He continued to ask and caress the number in Luntian's clavicle that has decreased at that time when leaving the irritating man before. It's colored black and looked like a stylish tattoo on Luntian's pale skin. Oras noticed that from the character of X it becomes VI. It certainly means that something happened to Luntian, this is the number of betrayals that he has experienced. Oras wondered how did it decreased? He wanted to know so he can help him remove Luntian's unpleasant memories and replace them with good ones.

" This? Why? " Luntian asked cautiously and grabbed hold of my hand that was touching them then his eyes looked at him sharply then stared at him intently. He looked like a wounded beast trying to hide his wounds.

" Why? It decreased. " Oras said seriously as he look at him straight. He didn't want him to feel insecure about this, he wanted him to know that he didn't care even if he's a betrayed Serces. Luntian blinked at his serious eyes, he felt that it contained all the beautiful things in the world then lowered his head to think and stood up to walk to a mirror and check. He gasped. He can't believe what he saw. His number really changed.

" Ah it really decreased. " He looked shocked, his eyes showed disbelief and joy at the same time. He turned to at Oras with fiery expression on his face and hugged him. Oras asked him again and this time Luntian answered happily.

The mania of Serces was said to be from their painful experiences of being betrayed and abandoned by their masters. People was more likely to remember painful events compared to joy and repeated happenings of this events makes the pain deepen and eventually a traumas forms and becomes imprinted in their minds, making them recollect the pain from that event thus making them have the urge to destroy and kill. It was because of their powers rampaging inside them coupled with their unstable mind. That's why, they created a medicine to alleviate the symptoms for a while.

Kite thought of a way to stop the target from self destructing aside from getting contracted to him, after all this doesn't removed that he was betrayed before and might relapsed in the future. From what Luntian said, this numbers can be removed if the betrayals that became traumas was to be replaced and removed by the Serces. The Master of the Serces can help them be relieved of it.

This means that, for Luntian's number to decreased is because of him?

Oras looked at Luntian who looked happy. He also felt relieved when he learned of this. That way, the target will be able to live normally without self destructing. He still didn't ask about what those events are but looking at Luntian's happy face, he didn't want to dampened his mood. For now, he'll let it aside and ask next time.