5.8 Reason

Fifth look at other kids and knew that they were not close to each other aside from the siblings as because of an accident before where all of the subjects tried to escape this place as they have constant meeting and grew to be friends with each other. For that accident to not happen again, all of the subjects were then separated by rooms so that they won't meet and plan for troublesome things again.

He sighed and sat on the ground inelegantly, all of the kids look at him weirdly, Fifth caress the black stone in his necklace as he smiled sadly, " I will tell you a story... " He said softly as he started to tell all of the memories he ha forgotten in this place, his friends, the happy times and the terrible ones...

" In the facility before, all subjects are moved into this same place and we're not separated at all so we slowly became close friends, we treat each other as our brothers and sisters but there's four people that I considered my family. We were trying out best to survive in the facility and live quietly, we were hoping for a miracle to somehow happen and take us away from this horrible place... " Fifth smiled bitterly after saying this. The thirteen subjects remained silent while listening intently to his words.

" From what I heard from the scientists at that time, I have the highest to be a successful product and although I dread the thought, I was a little bit happy to stay alive at that time. Also, as the subject who has the chance to be a successful product for them, they take a little bit of care to me and my friends too. They promised me that if I successfully became their desired product, they would free my friends. " Fifth took a breath, " I know it's stupid and naive, but I believe it at that time. I wanted to have some hope, even if I won't make it outside, I can at least let my friends, right? That's my thought, but an accident happened. "

Fifth looked at them and continued grimly, " We were resting in this place at that time, I just came back from one of the trials so I was feeling weak, we were talking and having fun in the short time that we have together " He lowered his eyes, " When a group of guards come inside and apprehended as all, they separated us. We tried to struggle but we were too weak, a s you know, the so called guards are the previous subjects who was turned into mindless puppets in the facility. At that time, I felt that something bad has happened and also tried to escape from them but they were too strong, my friends don't even have the chance to move before they knocked them unconscious. I tried to call them and go to them but I too, was knocked unconscious. " Fifth sighed sadly, " That was the last time I saw them after that. "

It was like the whole room turned dim from the heavy and sad feelings they felt from Fifth, they don't know what to say and they also don't know what to do in such a situation. Thus, they just dumbly look at Fifth who laughed at their expressions, " I'm fine, I'll continue. " He felt a little bit happy after seeing their expressions, it was like seeing his dumb friends who don't know how to comfort others...

They just nodded in response. As they were still young when they brought here, they quite unfamiliar with emotions and how to deal with them, so it's better to just remain silent at this situation.

" I woke up in a single white room you guys are familiar with, at that time, I have no idea what is happening outside or if my friends are still okay. It was only after a few days that I finally got an information about what cause that accident while they were delivering me to the next laboratory. From what I heard, a group of subjects tried to escape and rebelled against the facility and was 'fixed'. " Fifth stopped and continued, " Though I didn't know what they were talking about, I felt that being 'fixed' is not a good thing. Then, I was subjected to countless strict and horrendous experiments, they didn't give us even a sliver of time to rest. I was exhausted all the time and didn't have the time or energy to ask them what happened to my friends..."

" Until finally, those group of bastards-- scientists exclaimed that they finally succeeded. I can't move nor speak when they were celebrating, they gave me a day to take a rest. I actually planned for that day to try and find my friends but I was too weak... " Fifth's voice is full of frustration, " I was asleep the whole day, I didn't even managed to ask them what happened or if their promises to me is really true. The next day, I woke up and they immediately took me to a different room, there I met someone. " He stopped and his voice turned serene as he continues.

" It was a little girl who I met once before in this place, she was smiling brightly and innocently at everyone. That little girl disappeared the same day I saw her, I don't know what happened to her or what they did to her but she never came back to this place until that time when I met her again. I didn't know what was happening or why they brought me there, but now I knew. " Fifth stopped again as he gritted his teeth from anger from the thought of that woman, " That little bitch's ability was mind control and brainwashing, they wanted to control me -- a successful product and they succeeded. I forgot everything and woke up thinking that I was just tired from work the next day, I was assigned as the tempt assistant managing experiments and was promoted into my current position. "

" I take many tests and thought that it was for the promotion, but it was actually a tests to confirm if I was really under that little girl's ability. Once they confirmed that I was really controlled, they left me alone and I was promoted easily. I started working diligently until that time where I remembered everything. " He sighed.

" I think the reason why the little girl who was now a tempt assistant, Karen's ability disappeared was because I'm currently stronger than her, my ability is. " Fifth concluded and took a breath to calm his self.

After his long story, he found them looking at him with less doubts than before. They all turned silent and sad. Fifth laughed to let the heavy feelings to disappear and said to them, " Believe me now? I just... want you guys to escape and leave this place. I will be responsible for destroying this place, it is for my friends and myself... " He stopped and waited for them to speak up.

After a few seconds of silence, " Well, if we're going to work together for a while, I don't like to be called by my number. " Subject 016 suddenly said as she looked at each of them.

" I think it's better if we call each other by our name... " She trailed off as she look at their expressions, seeing that they didn't reject her suggestions, she felt relieved and started introducing herself and her little brother, " My name is Amy and this is Nova, we're vampires. "

After her short introduction, she waited for them to talk.

Elys looked around and saw that they were now hesitating, he smiled at them and said, " My name is Elys, I'm a human. " He then motioned to the teen beside him, " This is Shiro. " Shiro smiled blissfully when Elys called his name again.

They nodded and felt less tense seeing that someone also introduce their selves especially Amy.

" Mm, I'm Beldevere. Druid. " Subject 023 said calmly.

" I'm Remus! and this is my twin brother, Romulus. We're halflings of a dwarf and human. "

" I-I... My name... Dante... Elf, can't see... " Subject 028 beside Beldevere said almost like a whisper.

" Adamaris, I'm a piranha. " Subject 005 said as she grinned at them and turned towards the mermaid who was silent all throughout, " This is Clara, as you can see, she's a mermaid. She's mute. " She added.

" Aurelius, halfling of dragon and human. " Subject 047 said briefly and caress his wrist that was in chains a while ago.

" Hello, I'm Allegra, call me Al. I'm from the dog tribe. " Subject 025 said smiling.