firefighter

-Your POV-

Harry: Smoke. Thats all i could smell, thats all i could see, thats all i could think about while it invaded my lungs making it hard to breath, burning my throat, bringing me into coughing fits. I felt along the wall trying to find my way out of the building, desperate to find my way out. i remember waking up the the sound of the fire alarm, my roommate practicly pounced out of her bed running to the door while others were screaming frantic as the smoke lurked through the air. I also hopped out of my bed, i would of thought it was a drill but i knew that George University wouldn't have drills at 3 in the morning. I slide on my uGGs as fast as i could grabbing a sweater and rushing to my door, I opened it and right when i was about to run out, i notice the crowds of people running down the halls in mobs, without warning people shoved me violently back in, i fall back into my room feeling a thumb on the back of my head before it all went black. I woke up very sore, i sat up holding the back of my head that hit the bed post, i was dizzy, the smoke had gotten thicker and it had gotten quite. I got up trying to be fast, coughing, i put my hand over my mouth opening my door which must have shut, i figured.. or more hoped that the door was closed so no one saw me which is why i had gotten no help. Thats how i ended up blindlessy feeling my way through the dorm halls, roaming around terrified, this was my first week here at the University which would explain why i had no idea where i was going.. but it didnt exactly help that i probably have a concussion from hitting my head. "h-hello?" i yelled in a loud cracked voice, coughing again, "some-body!" i yell, as my eyes began to sting with not only the pain of the smoke, but fear. "help.." i say in a whisper.

His P.O.V

I was holding the hose with some of my colleagues trying to put the fire out on the building infront of us, firetrucks ladders were raised high with more than 3 men on them doing there best to put the fire out as well, i was sweating, yelling was all i could hear around me, from police officers, from victims, from people exiting the building, from radios with units inside, from new respoters being held back by the police behind cautions tape, from our chief officers, it was chaos. The fire was engolfing the uundersersity faster than the blink of my eye. My arms were getting sore, i was using up all my energy for this, but i didnt care.This was my job, as a firefighter your trained to bite through the pain. Thats what i intend on doing. A tap on my shoulder had knocked me out of my thoughts, i looked back still holding the hose trying to control it, i see one of my very good mates, Louis. "Harry, take a break, i'll take it from here!" he yelled over the commotion i shake my head. Louis had always been the person to always look after me, like a big brother. But sometimes he babied me a bit, "im fine!" i say turning back, i could see Louis roll his eyes from the side of my eye, he goes infront of me shoving my gently away now holding the hose, "tend to the wounded victims haz, i got this, go." he usherd, i scowled before storming off not bothering to start a fight with him. I took my helmet off running my hands through my now sweaty brown curls when i overhear a conversation. "how could you be so stupid?! your her roommate! you didnt even bother to check if she were okay?! are you that selfish?!" a blonde girl maybe 18 or 19 yelled at another while she looked around frantically, the other one looked down, "i-i wasnt thinking! i was just scared!" the blonde one scoffed, "well how do you think [y/n] feels?! shes still in that fucking building!" she said pointing at it. The other girl shook her head, "you dont know that! she could of gotten out but we couldn't of seen her yet-" "you wan to chance that?!" the other girl stayed quite, the other girl ran her fingers through her blonde hair taking a deep breath. "lets just find help" she said obviously upset, before they could start walking away i quickly go up to them, "what is this about your friend?" i ask shifting my gazes at both of them. The blonde girl lights up when she sees me, relief in her eyes. "Its my friend [y/n], shes her roommate," she gestures towards the brunette beside her continuing, "We cant find her, no one has seen any sign of her, the last someone saw her was in her room, we think shes still in the building" she said with worried eyes looking at the smoking building. I look at the building also, "what floor?" i ask, "5." the other one muttered my eyes searched the building, the unit inside the building hadn't checked floor 5 yet, they were still on floor 3 trying to get more civilians out, by the time they got to floor 5 it would be too late for this girl. I look back at them, "and your sure shes inside?" i check, the blonde girl nodds quickly, "yes, i- just-i just know" she said swallowing, i knew the feeling. I have had the feeling of just knowing someone was still inside a burning building, and to be honest, i was getting the vibe she was inside too. I start to back up, "alright, you two go talk to that officer over there about [y/n]'s appearance, make sure peoples eyes are peeled in case someone does see her and keep searching!" i say jogging off hearing there feet patter the ground to the officer, obeying my orders. i run over to my chief to tell him what was going on, he notified the unit on floor 3 to see if they could get to floor 5, but they said it was near impossible to get up the stairs, if there was a girl up there, she was trapped. Thats when i got an idea. and idea that could possibly get me killed, but ill do whatever it takes to save her...