Its not like that

"Harry ?" "Harry are you home ?"
I call out waiting for any sort of response from him while I juggle our 6 month old baby in my arms. I soon knew that he wasn't in again. I had just got back from shopping with 'our' child. The thing is it doesn't even feel like she's both of ours. I'm the one who looks after her 99.9% of the time. He'll be in the house most of the day but he just won't offer to help with changing her or when she cries in the night, I'm the one who always sees to her. The only time he interacts with her is when he has no choice and I sit her down in between us on the sofa. I don't want her to grow up like that. To be honest I didn't even want to keep the baby but Harry was the one who made me keep it. He persuaded me that we were ready, that he was going to be with me the whole way and that we together could get through it. I'm beginning to think I was wrong to listen to him now. I heard the keys rattle in the door and he comes walking in like there's nothing wrong. "We need to talk Harry"
"About what ?"
"About darcy, ya know 'our' child!"
"Yeah what about her? She's looking fine to me"
"See that's the thing Harry, you wouldn't know if anything was wrong with her. do you know how I know that ? Huh ? Because you don't care about her and you never play or talk to her !" I wiped away a few tears I had let slip.
"You know that's not true !"
"But the sad thing is that it is true. You never wanted this child !"
"Don't say that" he whispered
"DONT YOU FUCKING SAY THAT ! OFCOURSE I LOVE HER! WHAT KIND OF FARTHER WOULD I BE IF I DIDNT LOVE MY OWN DAUGHTER?"
I looked towards the doorway of the little room teary eyed as she started to cry. I began to walk towards her when my arm was pulled back. "I'll do it" he said still angered by our conversation. "No Harry don't feel the need to try to prove yourself. Being a dad should come naturally."
He came back towards me. "Will you just shut it ?" And then went back into her room. Maybe he would be a good dad, if I gave him space, if I left him too it. Darcy might develop a bond with him if I'm not there to get in the way. I wrote a short note, placed it on the table, grabbed my bag and exited the house. I walked for a while until I got to my mums house. My parents had just moved houses so Harry didn't know there new address therefore he wouldn't know where I was. I was already missing darcy, I should be there with her. If I knew mine and Harry's relationship was going to be this broken I wouldn't of thought twice about giving the baby away. My phone kept on ringing as I was explaining what happened tonight. My mum left the room and I finally decided to answer. "Hell-"
"Y/n ! Where the hell are you ?!"
"Why does it matter?"
"Please just come back!"
"Why?"
"Please I need you - i need you to help me! I don't know what to do!"
"Why Harry ? What's happened?!"
"I-I- I'm not sure i was just giving her some milk and she started b-being sick a-and I don't k-know what to d-do"
I didn't let him finish what he said before I started to leave.
"Okay Harry I'm coming!"
I ended the call and practically ran there. I knocked on the door and it was opened immediately. He had been crying it was obvious. "I'm such a bad dad" he murmured under his breath while cradling her in his arms. "Well how much milk did you give her ?"
"I dunno, I just filled up her bottle" just then she puked up on his arm again.

----------------------------------------------------------
We were guided back into the room where our little girl lay. She looked so weak yet better. "It was nothing you two did. So don't worry yourselves, some babies come down with this illness , it can't be stopped before it happens but she'll be just fine " the doctor explained. I thanked him and turned to Harry. I don't know what was more upsetting the fact that he looked so disappointed in himself or the way he was trying to compose himself but failing. "Harry you heard him, it wasn't your fault !" I said wrapping my arms round his waist. He placed his arms around me and let out a snuffle.
"I'm so sorry"
"You promise you're going to be there for me more now?"
I felt his head nod as he buried it into my neck.
"I promise" "oh and y/n, do you erm , do you still love me ? Like I mean I know I've been stupid lately and I -"
I cut him off by placing my lips onto his. "I will always love you" I stroked his cheek pecking him once more before getting out of his grip to check on her over in the little cot thing. I was soon joined by Harry looking over my shoulder. " she's so perfect, you both are. What would I do without you?" He whispered into my ear gently tucking a loose stand of my hair being my ear. "I love you both"

THIS IS NOT MY WORK, I DO NOT OWN IT AND ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE OWNER

BUT IF YOU LIKE IT PLEASE BE SURE TO COMMENT AND VOTE AS IT TELLS ME WEATHER YOU LIKE THIS AUTHOR OR NOT:)

THANKS FOR READING :)

-Muskaan :)