Gone With Regret?

Harry has been really distant lately and he has been coming home really late claiming he was out with the boys when I knew that he wasn't. Today was another night he was going out.

"Harry where are you going." I asked even though I knew he was going out with 'the boys.'

"Liam invited me over to his place. He said he needed to talk to me about something very important." He answered.

"Okay. Well what time will you be back?"

"Around 10 but I am not sure. I'll call you if I am going to stay longer."

"Okay then. Love you be safe."

"Yeah okay I will." That was the last thing he said before he left. That's another thing that has been happening lately as well. He hasn't been saying I love you back. I feel like he doesn't love me anymore like he used to.

Around 12 a.m. I was starting to get worried. Harry hasn't called or messaged me about him getting home later than he said. I decided to call Liam and see what's taking Harry so long.

After the third ring he answered. "Hello?"

"Hey Liam is Harry there with you?"

"No I haven't seen him in a while."

"What do you mean? He said he was going over to your house because you had something really important to tell him."

"I haven't talked to him in a few days. Probably since we all went out to catch up with each other. Besides that I haven't seen or talked to him."

"Oh. Okay I'll try to reach him and see where he is. Thanks anyways."

"No problem."

After I hung up on him I tried to call Harry. After the first couple of rings he picks up.

"Harry where are you?"

"Babe when are you going to break up with her? I am tired of sneaking around with you. I just want to be free and go out in public with you without having to sneak around." Said a feminine voice.

"Harry what's going on?"

"Rachael I know. I will do it tomorrow. It's hard to break up with someone that you have been with for two years."

Harry's planning on breaking up with me tomorrow? Who's Rachael? All these questions are going through my head.

"I love you so much Harry."

"I love you too."

"Why were you even with (Y/N) in the first place?"

"I think that I was just looking for someone that I could settle with. But I don't think I was ever in love with her to start with. I just said the word without really feeling it. I thought I was in love with her but then I met you," I heard a giggle in the background. "I felt the spark that I haven't been feeling with (Y/N) in a while and I felt butterflies with you every time I think of you. That's when I realized that I was never really in love with her but I was in love with you."

"I love you too Harry."

He never loved me? So all the 'I love you' s we said to each other didn't mean anything to him? All the 'forevers' didn't mean shit to him even though they meant everything to me. I don't think that I am able to handle him breaking up with me tomorrow. I won't be able to hold a conversation with him without breaking down into tears.

I packed all my bags so I won't have to face him when he comes home which will probably be in two hours. I had everything that belonged to me in two suitcases. Everything that reminded me of him I left behind. If he didn't love me anymore (or at all) and wanted to break up with me then there is no point in fighting with him and having an argument when the result will be the same. He will leave me and go with Rachael.

I grabbed my stuff and headed out. Probably going to my old apartment, which was about three hours away, but I just want to get away from here and escape from this.

HIS POV

I got home around 1 am today. I was trying to be quiet so I wouldn't wake up (Y/N) I made my way upstairs to go to bed. Once I reached upstairs I found the bed empty. Where the hell is (Y/N)? I looked all around but she wasn't anywhere. Then I found a note on top of the kitchen counter. It was from (Y/N).

Dear Harry,

I left. I heard your conversation with Rachael when I was trying to reach you because you were late. Anyways I heard your conversation with her. You were saying that you were going to break up with me tomorrow or today in the morning. You never loved me. No wonder whenever I said that I love you you wouldn't say it back, because you were in love with her. You never meant anything you said to me. All the things you were saying to me that made my heart flutter meant shit to you when I was giving you my heart. I left so I wouldn't make it hard for you to break up with me. Don't come looking for me even though I know you won't. I hope she makes you happy and gives you everything I couldn't. Take care.

-(Y/N)

I ran upstairs and opened the closet. Everything that belonged to her was gone. Everything but the gifts I gave her for our anniversaries. She heard us? She left me? I hope I won't regret this.

Part 2? Let me know if you would like more :)

-Muskaan xx