Gone With Regret? (part 2)

Your POV

One Year Later

     So far so good. After I left Harry I came back home and started a new life. I haven’t heard from him since. Today was like no other day. I would get ready for my morning jog and then I would get ready for work. Right now I am just putting on my work out clothes on. I would usually go for a jog around the park. I grab my water, headphones, and my phone.

     As I was running I heard my name being called but whenever I would take off my headphones to hear better there wouldn’t be anyone saying my name. Then I heard my name being called and turned around. Harry was right behind me calling my name. I really didn’t want to speak to him so turned around and started jogging away from him.

     “(Y/N)” he sounded like he was getting closer. So decided to pick up my pace but a hand pulled me back. He pulled my headphones out of my ears. “Listen to me.” He said breathless.

     “Why should I listen to you?”

     “Look I know what I did to you was wrong. It was all lie.”

     “Oh so now that your little soul mate dumped you you are coming back to me? Huh? Are you tired of being lonely? Is that why you want to talk to me? So you can persuade me to take you back saying all the things that a girl wants to hear. All the reasons why you love me. Oh that’s right you don’t. You never did and I regret ever falling in love with you.” I said full of anger.

     “I know you heard what I was telling Rachael. The truth is I thought I was not in love with you anymore.”

     “Is that supposed to make me take you back? You telling me you thought you didn’t love me anymore?”

     “No. Shit. I just want to tell you that everything I said to you that day was a mistake. I realized that I could not live without you. I cannot function properly without you in my life somehow. I always loved you and I still do.”

     “Harry you expect me to believe you? What happened to just finding someone to settle with. I don’t think that we will work anymore Harry. I’m over you and I don’t need you in my life anymore. After you said those things I started thinking that I don’t need to depend my life on another human being that doesn’t care about me.”

     “No please (Y/N) please give me another chance.” He said getting on his knees.

     “Harry! Those things you said about me broke my heart. Every single part of that conversation. You saying that you just wanted to settle down with someone or that you were ever in love with me. I tried very hard to get over you and now you show up and expect me to just throw all of that work away. Sorry but no. If I said those things about you you wouldn’t be happy.”

     “(Y/N) I know I made a mistake. Please just let me make it up to you. Give me another chance!”

     “Harry don’t you understand that we can never work. I cannot trust you anymore! Every time you say something I think they are all lies. Every time you go out with the boys or with anyone I would think that you are cheating on me again. That I am just there for you when you are done having fun. Having fun with someone else and falling in love with them. I cannot live through that again.”

     “Maybe we cannot be a couple right now but can we at least be friends. I need you in my life somehow. Maybe later in life we can become a couple again, but for now please just be my friend. If you don’t then I will be devastated. You are the most important person and I want you in my life please.”

     “Harry I-“

     “Please.” He said begging me.

     “Just friends.” I responded.

     “Thank you!” he got up from his knees and spun me around and kissed me. “Harry friends don’t do this.”

     “Oh sorry.” He said blushing and putting me down on my two feet. “I need sometime to get used to this whole friend thing, but I can make it work. I’m just really happy you are in my life again.”

Hope you liked it

-Muskaan xx