Daddy's Princess

"Mumma! Me and daddy got pumpkins!" Darcy shrieked, her tiny arms wrapped around the small pumpkin she carried as she walked through the door. "We got three!"

"Oh my goodness, you did?" You came around to the foyer, a hand placed on your back to steady yourself. In your last month of pregnancy, it'd been getting harder and harder to keep up with a freshly turned 4 year old. Her cheeks and nose were rosy from the now slightly cold weather, almost identical to her father's. He walked in with two larger pumpkins in his arms, kicking the front door shut with his foot.

"Yeah!" She squealed, holding the pumpkin up to you. "I picked it myself!" You glanced up at him, a grin on his face as you took the pumpkin.

"Wow, it's perfect! Good job, my love." You leaned down to press a kiss to her head and smiled at your husband, leaning over and pecking his lips. "Hi."

"Hi," he breathed out, following behind you and Darcy into the kitchen. Setting both pumpkins alongside on the counter, he sat on the stool and rubbed his face.

"Daddy! Are we going to make faces in the pumpkins?" She looked up at him, her eyes bright and excited as she reached her arms up. He gladly took her into his chest, a smile on his face.

"We sure are, baby. Are you excited for Halloween?" He watched as she quickly nodded, a smile growing on her face. "Are we going to get lots of sweets?"

"Yes!"

"But you don't get to eat them all at once, right?" You glanced at them, preparing a bowl of fruit for her. She giggled, burying her head into Harry's neck.

"Yes, Mumma!" She cupped her hand around Harry's ear, her lips not so much whispering into it. "You'll gimme sweets, daddy?"

He laughed, his eyes meeting yours as he nodded his head knowing you'd heard her. You rolled your eyes, a laugh escaping your lips as you turned to put the rest of the fruit into the fridge. "Yeah, you and I will have this much sweets," he opened his arms as she sat in his lap, watching as her eyes went wide. "Does that sound good?"

"Yeah!" She kissed his cheek over and over, his hand placed on her back to hold her in place.

"Alright you two," you laughed. "Darcy, I know daddy probably fed you burgers and chicken nuggets while you were out, but now it's time for some fruit." You narrowed your eyes at him, his smile sheepish as he buried his face into Darcy's shoulder.

"Don't worry daddy, I won't tell Mummy about the ice cream." He groaned, letting her down as he kept his eyes on the counter. Rolling your eyes, you sat on a stool, your hand on your full belly. She giggled, climbing up on a chair and beginning to pick at the fruits before popping them into her mouth.

He looked over at you, a smile on his face as he leaned back. "How're you feeling? Is he coming today?"

You laughed, shaking your head. He was waiting on the arrival of your second baby; Noah, you both agreed on. You were about two weeks away from your due date and he was ecstatic. He loved his baby girl, but the thought of having a mini him running around made his heart flutter.

"No, not today." Patting your belly softly, you smiled up at him. "So what're the plans for tomorrow?"

"Well, I was thinking we'll get ready and after we're done getting sweets here, we could go up and see Mum and Des. She's dying to see her dressed up," he laughed. "Plus, we could take her trick-or-treating out there too. Mum used to take me and Gem when we were kids."

"Okay, that sounds good," you looked over at Darcy, her eyes wide with excitement as she continued to devour her fruit. "That sound nice, beautiful?"