Comforted

I didn't move, I didn't blink, I didn't breathe. I just layed there, my vision blurred as I stared up at the ceiling. I felt my skin becoming clammy as my eyes began to burn, but nothing could take me out of my trance.
I was so confused—so confused as to why I had to feel this way. I didn't understand how a world that looks so beautiful can be so harsh. I didn't understand how living and breathing can be so painful to me.
Is there a life after death? Is there such thing as another chance at something you thought you only had once? Does God know that people deserve something so much more than what they're given? Was there a place, much, much better than this?
I felt myself wanting to breathe, and wanting to inhale the air that had surrounded me, but I didn't do anything. I didn't move, I didn't blink, and I didn't breathe.
Suddenly, my body was tugged from underneath the water, dragging me out of my world. I gasped for air as I coughed, shutting my eyes tightly as my naked body was placed on his warm one.
"God damnit, y/n," he sighed, wrapping my now freezing body in a towel, "this is the fourth time this week".
I stayed still with my chin resting on his shoulder, breathing in his comforting scent. This is all i've ever really did now-a-days—stare into pure nothingness as my mind took over my body.
His strong, gentle arms carried me into the air as he took short strides to our bedroom. I wish I could have said I was sorry—sorry for making him think I do this on purpose, sorry for making him worry about me everytime I took a bath. But I couldn't even croak out a word right now. I could always talk to him. I could always try my best to make him happy to be with me, but my life has been becoming my own personal hell that I think it's starting to become like that for him, too.
I was gentley placed on the matress as the duvets covered my skin. His arms snaked around my waist as he pulled my body closer to his, as if me being covered in water was completely out of his mind.
"I don't purposly do this" I randomly whispered, "it's just that—"
"I know, baby, I know" he whispered, kissing my temple so gentley, as if I was made of glass. And even though I wasn't, it sure felt like I was.
"I'm sorry" I whispered, "but everything to me is so cruel and dark and—"
"Sh sh sh, baby. You're alright. I understand, baby. You'll heal, as long as you're with me, you'll heal. You're safe."
Somewhere in his words, I started to believe him. Maybe there was blue skies, green grass, and laughter somewhere—somewhere not within my reach. But maybe, if I stay with him, I'll find that other side. Maybe if I stay with him, it will all be okay.
"I will always love you" I whispered, not moving, not blinking, but certainly breathing.  

-Muskaan xx