sad imagine

"daddy. Daddy?",said Darcy as she saw me staring out of the window. I sat on the windowsill staring out at the world, when I felt a small hand wrapped around my ring finger,tugging at it for attention. "daddy?",she said again demanding my attention. I looked at her and smiled as my green eyes lit up. I picked her up by the waist and sat her on my lap. "yes Darcy?",I said smiling at her. She looked just like (y/n)....her mother I thought as a smile teased at the corner of my lips. Except her eyes...they were as green as mine...but somehow when I looked into those pools of innocent emerald green I saw y/n. "daddyyyy!",she said as she tapped her softt little hand on my right cheek. "yes yes baby? What happened?",I asked smiling showing off my dimple as I lightly grasped her hand away from my cheek, while placing a soft kiss on the palm of her hand. "is this mommy?",she asked for the billionth time raising a picture of me and y/n on our wedding day. "yes.",I nodded with a soft smile as I remembered that day. "Where is mommy now?",she asked sweetly and innocently, her eyes staring at me waiting for a reply. "you see all those stars up there Darce?",I said pointing through the window, at todays starry night. "yeah.",she smiled. "mommy is up there looking at us and smiling at us.",I said trying hard to prevent that already stinging feeling of tears in my eyes. "Will she ever come back down? Because all me friends have a mommy and they asked why I don't have a mommy?",she asked blurting out one question after the other. "umm...how about I put you to sleep huh Darcy?",I smiled, picking her off my lap.
As I laid her to bed and went to my own room I broke down crying. My heart was heavy and I felt torn.