The South Bird

"Y-you're lying!" Ussop suddenly accused the guy. I would clobber him, but Luffy stepped forward to confront him on it first. Plus I can't really hit someone from a crew I'm trying to get to an island with. Usopp held him back with an arm, though, and kept talking, "This isn't right! We just met you today! Aren't you being too nice?! Plus.. Tomorrow just happens to be the perfect chance to go to this legendary, unknown Sky Island?! And you'll help strengthen our ship and take us there?! That's way too convenient! What exactly are you scheming?! And you're Noland the Liar's descendant! We can't trust you!" 

It was quiet for a minute as the old man breathed out some more smoke from his cigarette. "Old-timer! Dinner's ready!" the brothers in the shack shouted out of nowhere, followed by Sanji squeezing through them and yelling out for Nami, then stopped when he felt the tension.

The old man walked right by Usopp, explaining how the knock upstream would appear tomorrow. "I'm glad to have met fools like you. Now, let's go and have some food! Take it easy at my place today.. comrades!" 

~~~

Long story short, we were all now looking for a weird looking bird. They only had three nets, so I we branched off into teams. "Oi! Why does the musclehead get two ladies!" Sanji pointed out, a swirly eye brow twitching in annoyance. Zoro mechanically turned his head to Sanji and the butted heads, "Ehhhh? What'd you say ero-cook?" he replied with fire surrounding him, another fire surrounding Sanji who was about to reply, but instead got bonked on the head by Nami. "Both of you shut up, and go find the bird!"

After that, we all split up. "Zoro, that's the path we came here with," Robin calmly pointed out, Zoro immediately turning around. "I now see why Luffy said you were lower than an animal," I commented, watching him turn to me, clearly pissed off. "OI SHUT UP! I knew that was the way back!" he yelled, teeth gritted. I tried not to laugh at him and we continued on our way through the forest, multiple weird animals seeming to come out of nowhere and attack our group. Mostly attacking Zoro. I laughed when he started yelling at a mole cricket for being in the way, holding my stomach when I saw the poor animal practically tearing up while the green head kept hitting him with the blunt of his sword. "And you!" he looked at me with a twitching eye, "Why are you laughing?! We don't have time for this kinda stuff!" I wiped a tear from my eye and patted the poor mole cricket on the head. "Nothing, I just find you getting frustrated to be really funny," I giggled out, watching him scrunch his nose at me and then go the wrong way again. He walked in front of Robin and I, who looked at me with interest.

"Why is it that you want to go to Sky Island so much?" she inquired, smiling calmly at me. She seemed to be the most level headed of the entire group. Granted she seemed to be at least ten years ahead of us in age so she was bound to be more mature. She was just as beautiful Nami though, and Nami was definitely at the top of my pretty lady scale! "Oh! My dad met Roger a long time ago, or rather, he was a part of the crew, and he said that before he had joined, the crew told him of fantastic islands, and one of the many that I've always wanted to see was Sky Island! My dad never saw it, only heard of it from other members, and I grew up here, so of course that was to be expected," I told her, grinning widely. "I'll see the island for him! In fact, I'll see all the islands!"

"So your father was affiliated with the deceased Pirate King. To think you would still go with us even if you could die from a terrifying freefall due to a deadly, unpredictable water stream. Impressive indeed," she replied, effectively making me sweat. She sounded sincere anyway, though, so I only nodded and continued walking after the constantly attacked Zoro. We ended up all going back to the spot we started off with, this time not because the tough guy got lost, having caught no bird. Well, until it came out of nowhere and taunted us from a branch. Turns out, Chopper can translate what animals say. Usopp was about to shoot the bird down with a sling shot, but arms sprouted out of the animal, catching it, and then another arm sprouted from the tree and threw it down. "Wait.. ARMS?? DID I JUST SEE ARMS?? SPROUTING LIKE FLOWERS??" I screamed, falling on my butt and pointing at the restrained bird. Robin gave a short laugh as arms came out of the ground and helped me up. "Yes, my devil fruit power allows me to develop parts of my body wherever I see fit. For example, on an animals body to incapacitate them," she stated. I have never been more afraid and more impressed by someone. "Incredible.." I muttered.