Zero and Four

Ok so hear me out, I think the BNHA fandom is pretty outta control, but THE GOKU STANS??? I saw a tiktok of a guy shooting a goku figure with a nerf gun sayin "Bro goku is strong? He lost to a nerf gun lol". THE COMMENTS WERE FLOODED WITH GOKU STANS FOAMING AT THE MOUTH. I LOVE DRAGON BALL BUT WHAT- EMBARRASSING

Did I delete 2.5K words after realizing I didn't wanna do the rookie marine filler arc? Yes. Yes I did.
---

I was sprawled out on the lawn. A few days ago, we raided a Marine base because Luffy ruined all the food we had stored on the Sunny. I don't know why we allowed him to go back in the kitchen by himself. Anyway, our group stole food from the base, but we already ate it all. We were once again empty.

"This.... is so ass," I groaned, rolling onto my stomach, sweating in the most uncomfortable way. The sun was baking us and I'm hungry.

"Agreed. We're out of food and we couldn't fish because it'd been storming for days and finally it's clear," Nami muttered weakly beside me. Her fist raised and she called to the guys sitting at the railing of the ship. "Catch some fish somehow before the weather changes! We're all gonna starve to death before we get there!"

"Food...!" Carrot raised her hand too.

"We wanna do so, but Nami... the water is boiling because it's so hot!" Chopper sobbed, slowly reeling his fishing rod in a bit.

"There won't be any fish around like this," Brook commented.

"What should we do...?!" the navigator cried.

Luffy looked right at Chopper. "Emergency food," the deflated, skinny captain murmured.

"Don't look at me!" Chopper panicked.

"Don't touch him..!" I called out, even though I didn't budge an inch physically.

The sound of a string tightening reached my ears. "Luffy! You got a bite!" Pedro pointed out a second later.

I slowly climbed to my feet and went over to the edge, leaning against the side of the ship between Chopper and Luffy so that I could see this mentioned bite. "It's a huge fish!" the doctor beside me shouted. He pointed toward a large shadow in the water connected to Luffy's line.

The entire ship started leaning to the side while my captain started violently reeling in the fish at the end of his fishing rod. With how weak he is right now, I was surprised he was capable of this. The guy literally looked like an old man. A huge fish was then yanked out of the ocean surface due to his efforts. Everyone cheered for the food. 

I opened my arms and grabbed hold of the fish before it could smack down uncontrolled onto the deck. Placing it down, we all looked at it.

"Uh... something about this thing doesn't feel right..." I mumbled.

"Yea..." Nami agreed.

"Its color doesn't seem right," Chopper voiced. It was purple and dark green, ya know, the most ominous colors to be on an animal.

"Is it okay to eat?" the navigator questioned.

"It doesn't seem likely..." Brook sighed.

I scratched my cheek, "Maybe we should have expected this. I mean, the water was boiling, no normal fish would be in there."

"What are you saying?! There's no such thing as an inedible fish!" Luffy shouted, taking a step towards it.

"Luffy! Wait a sec! I'll go check real quick!" Chopper said, running off to the boys room.

Unsurprisingly, our captain did not wait a sec. He reached forward and took some of the skin off of the dead fish, eating it just like that. Now I may be hungry, but to eat raw fish skin is not something I'll ever be hungry enough for. At least not while we have the tools to cook it.