Downtime With the Top Hat

"Finally! Luffy will come back in 10 seconds! He should be listening somewhere! Call out the name of the star!" the Colosseum announcer yelled to the entire country.

"Lucy! Lucy! Lucy! Lu.." the crowds shouted. "Three! ...Two! ...One! ...ZERO!"

I could feel the spike of my captain's haki. "THERE HE IS!" the announcer cheered. I couldn't see him myself, but that confirmed that he was definitely up again.

"Jeez, I was worried for a second there," I heaved, my hands pressing against a slab of metal that I put onto the side of the SMILE Factory, since I can't directly touch it. I had found out from the crowd at the New Plateau that people were trying to at least stall the birdcage from closing in on us. I went to the SMILE factory since that was one spot where people were supposed to be pushing, finding that Franky, the fairies, and the people of the island were trying to keep the factory from being dragged inward by Doflamingo's trap.

"Pah! You thought he wouldn't show up?!" Franky asked from beside me, pushing against the sea prism stone building.

"FINALLY! FINALLY! LUCY CAME BACK!" another yell from the den den mushi speaker.

"No, I just didn't know if the countdown would allow enough time for him to get up," I sighed, pressing my back against the piece of metal and digging my feet into the ground. leaving a deep trail of messed up pavement in my wake. This birdcage was impossibly strong.

Upon turning around in this new position, I could see Doflamingo attack Luffy with sharp string things covered in haki, breaking the side of the plateau the teen was stuck in. "(y/n)land... Luffyland will win right?" one of the fairies asked, having heard the crash.

"Of course he will, it's just a matter of time," I assured, "He's one of the most reliable people I know, trust me."

That got a smile out of him and we went back to pushing the factory. My eyes scanned where the main fight was taking place, soon seeing Luffy in his ball form once again. Doffy met him in the air, and then after what looked like a bit of talking, Luffy inflated his arm more, similar to his elephant gun. His fist launched forward into a bunch of string spike things that Doffy counterattacked with, and the clash of haki sent sparks flying. My hair was being tossed around violently by the storm-like weather that they created from the collision.

"LUFFY!" Franky and I shouted, trying to cheer him on. A second later, Luffy's attack finally broke through all of its obstacles, hitting Doflamingo right in the face, followed by the rest of his body since Luffy's fist was so big. Doffy went flying into the ground, effectively making the entire area fold up from the impact, some of it flying into the air with buildings and all. He must have been punched into the underground port that Franky told me about. I could hear the frantic running of the people in the island, trying not to be crushed by the huge pieces of land. 

"Gyats! What happened?!" 

"Gyats!"

"Gyats! You saw right?!"

People were yelling to someone for answers. After a second, the voice of the Colosseum announcer started up again. I guess his name is Gyats. "Look at the sky, Dressrosa! What's fading? The birdcage or Doflamingo's domination?!"

Right after he said that, I was sent forward as the entire factory was flipped onto it's side. I had to stop myself from falling onto the little guys who were pushing with me. The cage had faded.

"I-is the scenery that was outside the cage... a town that's been sliced up? Or... a free land where no one will manipulate us anymore?! The 'Dressrosa Defensive War'! 2,000 members of the Donquixote Family, the pirate group... versus... the fateful warriors who happened to arrive! The duel between their leaders... The Shichibukai- Donquixote Doflamingo... versus... the gladiator- Lucy..." Gyats started sobbing into the mic as he tried to continue his speech, "Dah...vinner.... Dah vinner... Dah vinnerrr.... Dah vinNER.... THE WINNER IS...! LUCYYYY!" This was followed by more crying and cheers from around the area.