Two Popular Men

Sorry yall, it just takes a long time to come up with shit completely off my noggin, ya know? Anyway. Heres a chapter off my noggin.
---

The guide and I walked down a few halls that I tried to memorize in case I was able to sneak away toward Sanji's room later. The pawn guy was marching alongside me, sharply turning at corners. I wonder why Big Mom chose chess pieces as a costume for these guys.

"So, any news on the blondie since he got here?" I asked the pawn, a little bored from the silence.

He looked to me and then forward, "On the way here, he was confronted by Straw Hat Luffy and Cat Burglar Nami. He was said to have one-sidedly fight his former captain. The revenge army for Cracker-sama should be heading to Straw Hat now."

My eyes widened, "What.... I didn't know he'd go that far..." I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He left the crew. Now he finally got the chance beat up the kid who continued to steal food from the kitchen.

"This is Sanji's door! I will be waiting outside to safely return you to your room," the little man informed me.

I nodded and stood in front of the wooden door. I could hear him talking behind it, though it was muffled. I reached forward and pushed the door open, letting myself in. Just as I did, he hit his palm into his fist, saying, "Yea! I can't make a lovely girl like her sad! I have to be my usual self! I'm the love cook! Pudding-cha-" He nearly fell over when he spotted me standing in the doorway.

"...Continue, don't let me stop you from your love claiming," I waved a hand to motion him to go on.

"(y-y/n)-san? When did you get here? Why are you in the castle?" he asked, his visible eye wide as he stared at me.

"Apparently I'm watching you accept your future wife," I replied half jokingly. I don't know why, but I can feel a trace of irritation at him. He's just coming to terms with his situation, plus, she's a woman, of course he'd happily marry her if she wanted to. I'm the one who need to come to terms with his personality.

He grabbed at the cigarette in his mouth and took two more intakes of smoke. When I opened the door earlier, he had just stopped walking, so I'm guessing that he was pacing. He's stressing out. Of course he is, (y/n), he's being forced to be married you idiot. "(y/n)-san, I'm not joking, why are you in the castle?" he repeated with concern deeply laced in his voice.

I closed the door behind me and I crossed the room, sitting down on the couch placed in the middle of it. "Big Mom has taken an interest in me, and so I was brought here by your sister, Reiju. She's beautiful by the way. Your sister, not Big Mom," I clarified.

This caused him to take a few more inhales of his cigarette while his free hand clutched at his hair. "She said she'd spare all of you and let you leave..." he seemed almost panicked.

"What do you mean? Who?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Nothing. What does she want to do with you?"

"She's gonna try to marry me off," I replied truthfully.

"WHAAAAAT?!" the man screeched, breaking his cigarette and becoming red in the face as his swirly brows furrowed.

I raised a brow, "What're you getting so worked up about? You do know that you're literally going through the same thing, right?"

"NO! I mean YES! Why wasn't I told of this?! What the hell?! None of that is okay!" he stressed, clutching at his blond hair and facing away from me, talking to the air.

"Then why the hell are you in here convincing yourself that staying is the best option for everyone?" I shot back at him.

He spun around to look at me and yelled, "Because I'm trying to keep everyone safe!" His eye widened and he placed a hand over his mouth. I was staring at him in shock. Did Sanji just yell at me? He frowned and staggered back a bit, saying, "Sorry... I'm sorry. I just... need to stay. I need to stay in order to save everyone. And I need all of you to realize that."