Unnatural Earthquakes...or Elephantquakes?

Bruh... I thought I accidentally deleted a published chapter for a fat minute...
———

Surprisingly, the samurai did not witness the secrets of the Void Century like their original lord, Kozuki Oden. The reason they were being targeted by people associated with Kaido in the first place was because people assumed they knew said secrets. Oden had apparently not wanted to burden them with the knowledge of the world's mysteries. Too bad they're being sought after anyway. Their lord's last words to them were "Open up the Land of Wano," since it is closed off from the rest of the world, according to Brook. That was their sole reason for surviving this long even though they considered themselves failures. To do that, though, they'd have to defeat Kaido and his crew.

"To look for someone who will fight with us, we set out to sea! First, we headed for Zou! Because to fight against the Beast Pirates, we surely needed the help of the Minks, our closest allies," Kinemon said.

"Yes, the Kozuki Clan and the Minks... have a special bond from way back, which means whatever happens, we'll share the same fate!" Dogstorm stated.

"More than anything, the dog and I are Oden-sama's direct retainers. Ever since the day Raizo arrived here, all of our warriors were prepared!" Cat Viper continued.

"But when we actually fought, it turned out like this against Jack's unit which was just a part of Kaido's army!" Dogstorm voiced.

Cat Viper sighed, "How disappointing."

"What a shame," Dogstorm agreed, sitting back down.

Franky frowned, "Hey, but that's because they used that dirty weapon!" He was referring to the poisonous gas that was used on the Mink Tribe.

Usopp stepped forward to expand on that, "No one could've expected they'd use the poison gas!"

Dogstorm responded, "If there were a judge to call foul and we'd win, maybe that would work, but..."

"No matter how dirty they play, this is our country! We should've won!" Cat Viper finished his sentence.

The other duke raised his head again and looked back at us, "But we won't let it happen again! We won't repeat the same failure! We have an ace up our sleeve too. If we fight again, we'll show them the true power of the Mink Tribe!"

I perked up and walked between Usopp and Franky, asking, "Wait, true power?"

"Yes! We're not just gonna back down!" Cat Viper agreed, not really answering my question. I wonder if it has anything to do with why Wanda was talking about how the full moon was better covered.

Chopper jumped onto Cat Viper's head and put his face next to the feline's, "Then take your injury seriously! Otherwise, you won't be able to exercise that true power! No drinking until you're fully recovered! No baths either!"

The sound of a pat on the floor made everyone's attention turn back to the samurai behind us. "Now, we have a favor to ask you, Luffy-dono!" Kinemon declared. "And you, too, Law-dono! I know it's presumptuous of me to ask you a favor after you saved my life but I've been impressed by how strong you guys are! Since we are fated to share the same purpose, will you help us fight to kill the shogun of the Land of Wano and Yonko Kaido?!"

Kanjuro joined in his plead, "Please! I'm begging you, Luffy-dono!"

"I'm begging you, too," Raizo added. Momo was still crying in front of the ninja. He's been crying for a long while now; it makes sense since they just brought up the death of his father.

"Oh yes! Who can ask for more?!" Usopp responded immediately. "Those samurai and the Minks! They'll be a big help for us too!"

"We were going to fight Kaido sooner or later! We gotta jump at this chance!" Franky agreed.