Recruited For the Rescue Mission

I was gonna make a oneshot for Luffy's bday but I WONT because ummmm other members didn't get one either. If that's something y'all actually want tho, I could put all the Straw Hats(Plus maybe extras) bday scenarios in one really long chapter so I'm not depriving u of the og storyline. Depends on what u guys wanna do bc I will happily write. This account is my way of procrastination instead of doing my school work.
---

I have no sense of time down here. It's always dark, I'm fed the bare minimum, and I have absolutely nothing to do. Well, I guess I do have something to do. I've been talking to Ace. He's in the cell opposite of my own, to my luck, and I heard from Jinbe that there was supposed to be a war between the Navy and Whitebeard Pirates due to their intent of executing Ace. That explains why he's in here, but why would they want to fight a legendary Yonko who was on par with Roger? It could potentially just end in heavy Navy losses. At least, that's what I'm hoping will happen... Anyway, Ace didn't want to talk about that, so I've been talking about anything else. I also have no idea about the reason why he's being executed like this. There is no way that the Navy would have such a huge announcement if there wasn't a hidden meaning. Once again, though, he didn't want to talk about it so I did not make him.

In my aversion of that topic, I brought up what I've been doing since he left Jaya. And to say the least, Ace was irritated that I was in Luffy's pirate group. He tried to get me to join the Whitebeard Pirates and I refused him back then because I "didn't wanna be a pirate." In truth, I just didn't want to join the Whitebeard Pirates specifically. It just didn't feel right. Maybe I have epic future sight because I know that the Straw Hats was the right choice. Not that I had a choice, but ya know.

I've also been bothering Crocodile, who must really have been getting sick of me by now. His attitude kind of reminded me of Zoro, though. He wasn't nearly as expressive as the green head, but he talked way more and he was way more cocky. He found it strange that I didn't shy away when I found out who he was. After everything I've been through thus far, I could care less if he was a past enemy of Luffy. Pre-Straw Hats, I would have definitely been surprised, though.

"In any case, it seems like I lucked out on my level. Sure, I'm here to rot and be forgotten about, but at least there's no physical torture on level 6," I hummed to myself, slumping my back against the brick wall on my side of the cell.

"Most people here wouldn't be affected by torture in the first place," Crocodile replied flatly. I think he's as bored as me so he has engages in these conversations. Anyway, the base of his voice literally shakes my heart. I can feel it in my damn chest. I told him this already, and he simply told me to be quiet since he was in the middle of going to sleep at that time.

Back to the present, I nodded at his comment, "That does make sense. Glad my Celestial grandparents are stupid enough to not read the description on what level six is. All that talk of torture and here I am getting the bare minimum of it. Not that I'm complaining."

He let out a laugh and rested his elbows on his knees as he sat on the small bench in the cell, "Your optimism will surely die off soon."

I shrugged, "My optimism knows no bounds, Croc. I've been betting my sanity on the idea that my crew is still alive and kicking, plus I'm hanging onto the idea that I'm going to escape this crazy prison. Oh yea, didn't that same crew I was talking about like... destroy your plans and stuff?"

"Interesting. I'll have to see about that optimism of yours, smart ass," he responded with a bit of amusement from my attempt of agitating him. It's hard to make him mad since he's too... composed? Cocky? Entitled? I don't know. It's definitely something and whatever it is deflects anything irritating I say. I think I like the challenge, though. It's almost become a little game between him and I for the past... I don't know how many hours or days. I also simply like when he talks to me. It blocks out the surrounding prisoners asking me to 'entertain' them, plus, I like his voice. Though, I didn't tell him that when I told him his voice is as deep as an endless pit. He probably already knows. He's pretty damn perceptive. Not to mention I'm less than discrete.