Leaving the Island

Why do I get ads on my own story when I look thru it 😭 Also, WHY ARE THERE FUCKING CHINESE/JAPANESE CHARACTERS INSTEAD OF LETTERS AND PICTURES??? WHAT THE FUCK?? DID MY COMPUTER SWITCH LANGUAGES LMAOO??
---

"...They can somehow acquire a devil fruit eater's power after killing them. They keep looking for strong devil fruit powers. Be careful!" Jinbei finished. He was updating everyone on Blackbeard and the current state of the world, that including that the ice man Aokiji was no longer part of the marines and the formal fleet admiral resigned with Akainu taking over.

"They'll get me!" Chopper panicked after a moment of silence.

"No one wants your human-human fruit power," Usopp stated with a sweatdrop.

I picked the reindeer up in my arms and looked over at Luffy, who was happily eating his sea fruits from a giant plate. Jinbei did as well, completely ignoring the little exchange between the sniper and doctor. "Especially you, Luffy. There is a lot of bad blood between you and Blackbeard... Teach. So take extra care-... LUFFY! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!" the fishman finally gave up on his calm attitude and yelled at the captain. Said man turned around and gave a noise of confusion, his face still stuffed with food. He was not listening. "I thought you were the captain! You have to know a little bit of information at least!"

"Don't worry Jinbei," Sanji cut in, allowing Luffy to continue to eat. "We were listening."

Chopper blinked and innocently chirped, "Eh? I thought captains don't usually listen to other people."

I shook my head at him, "That's the case sometimes, but definitely not in the way Luffy is doing it." He made a confused face, but I directed his attention back to Jinbei.

"Captains are responsible for their crewmates' safety, aren't they, Luffy?" the blue skinned man questioned.

Luffy turned around with a grin and replied with, "Hey Jinbei, take it easy! I like taking chances anyway!"

After that lighthearted response sunk in, the fishman hung his head in grief and sighed, "It must be hard to work with him..." We all nodded to confirm his assumption.

Camie showed up a few seconds later and seemed happy to have finally found the crew. I was busy playing with Chopper's face, which he didn't seem to mind, until Luffy called my name, along with Zoro's and Sanji's. "I think there's a wild animal in this place or something," our captain murmured with food still in his mouth.

"You're right," Zoro breathed as he sat up from his sprawled position.

"I can feel it, too," Sanji hummed.

"Huh, now that you mention it..." I mumbled, sensing something definitely weird going on from a certain mermaid's room. We all made our way toward Shirahoshi's tower, and low and behold, the slime guy from the ship that we thought we trapped in a barrel was there. "Now what's all this hentai shit?" I asked, quirking a brow at the scene before me. She was being sucked into his little mud slime puddle, and it felt like one of those unfortunate scenes that your parents would walk in on and get the wrong idea from.

Zoro gave me the side eye from my comment, but I ignored him and watched as Luffy kicked the slime man out of the palace bubble and into the regular city below it. Shirahoshi responded to this by grabbing onto Luffy with tears in her eyes, thanking him for his simple act. Sanji wasn't too happy about the display of affection, but he stopped moping when he locked eyes with me for whatever reason. Nami showed up right after that with no one else in tow behind her for some reason, and that's when we were informed that the same guy Luffy just kicked out was the one who stole all the treasure from the palace. We were even allowed to have the money if we got it back, according to the king.