Filler: Modern AU (Pt3)

Yes, I did change my pfp, thanks for noticing.
———

"Thanks for accepting my conditions," I hummed with a smile.

Sanji threw a bunch of chopped up veggies in a pot and turned to grin at me, hearts in his eyes. "I would never turn down the opportunity to have you over~!" he said, his voice light before it changed as his head turned to look at Luffy. "Even if it means this idiot is accompanying you."

Luffy grinned, "Really? I'll grab her before I come here from now on-"

"DONT USE HER TO GET INTO MY HOUSE!" the blond yelled. He spun around to look at me, smiling. "You can come to my house any time, though, (y/n)~!"

I chuckled and rested my chin in my hand, "Sure thing. I don't come here nearly enough. I'll buy ingredients next time so I'm not freeloading."

"No need to do that, it's a pleasure to feed you," he said while turning to add some stuff to the soup.

"Let's bring Zoro next time, (y/n)!" Luffy chimed, not listening to a thing that Sanji was saying.

"Don't bring that damn mosshead here. I'll kill him. He's an evil bastard that managed to move into an apartment with (y/n)," he seethed, crushing the spice bottle in his hand. "It should have been me," he muttered with hatred.

I sweatdropped and got up, taking the mangled bottle from his hand. "No need for murder. Plus, Zoro and I are barely home at the same time. You're really not missing out," I told him.

"That ungrateful little-"

"Aaaalllright let's change the topic," I interrupted. Sanji's expression changed to one of fondness when he focused back on me. I sighed in relief and continued, "How's school going for you?"

He's in a culinary school rather than OPU with Usopp and I. The only way that I see him is if I visit his house or the cafe, and I barely know what goes on in his school since it's completely different from mine. "Oh, it's going fine. The classes are easy enough, in comparison to your difficult ones," he answered.

"The classes are only easy because your cooking is already top notch," I said with a shake of my head.

"Yea! You've got the best food, Sanji!" Luffy piped in.

The cook smiled and looked back at the soup. "I'm glad you both think so," he hummed. "But I've still got things to learn. So, until I get out of school, I won't consider myself so highly."

I rolled my eyes and patted his back, "You're too hard on yourself, Sanji. I'd take your cooking over any restaurant in the city. And you literally know how to make everything known to man. You're a actual genius."

Sanji was about to react to that when Luffy decided he was going to slump over behind me and place his chin on my shoulder. "Yea! Speaking of which, I'm hungry. When's the food gonna be done?" he said, causally draping his arm over my other shoulder.

Physical contact is something Luffy does often, so I wasn't too weirded out by this, but Sanji had to take a moment to absorb what he was witnessing. He, of course, did not take kindly to it. In fact, he flipped out.

~~~

I slurped some soup off my spoon as I watched John Wick kill multiple people over a dog. He's got the same mindset as me. We're the same person, actually. That's why I chose this movie.

I tore my eyes away from the screen when I heard Sanji mumbling angrily beside me. I looked at him, finding that he was glaring at Luffy's snoring figure, the 19 year old's body splayed across the reclining chair beside the couch Sanji and I were on. "You alright?" I asked.