Sacrifices Have to be Made

I was gonna publish sooner but my pc was not allowing it. Also if some things are cheesier than usual or like having shittier grammar than usual, its cuz I'm too lazy to edit today. Sorry. I love you
---

"Okay guys, so if the trees are mixing up the landscape, why don't we just jump up every now and then to make sure we're going the right-"

"COME BACK, ZEUS!" Big Mom yelled, cutting me off. That's fine, it's not like my idea was revolutionary or anything.

The Yonko is behind us now and has us in her sights. "If we're too slow, she'll catch up!" Carrot said.

"That's usually how chasing people works," I commented.

The sun that accompanied Big Mom flew up towards the cloud that was following us, trying to bring Zeus back to his senses. Thankfully, that didn't work because Nami distracted him with a weather egg. Luffy then began punching the sun with haki, only to find out not even that works. I guess it's just a living element then.

"I'm gonna burn you all to death!" Prometheus yelled as he showered us in fiery bullets.

Jinbei saved us by jumping into the nearby river and shooting whatever it was in there at Prometheus. We all ran across the bridge going over that same river in order to escape Big Mom while the sun was weakened. Some of Big Mom's army popped out of the bushes after that, leading us to believe that our group got turned around quite a bit. We beat them easily enough and regrouped.

"Is everyone okay?" Jinbei asked.

"Seems like it!" Luffy responded.

Some heavy footsteps made their way toward us, followed by a scream for cake. Big Mom was close again since we got sidetracked. The sun was back too, having powered back up.

"Run deep into the forest!" the fishman yelled. We all did as told, not wanting to die at the hands of some hungry lady's tantrum.

"If we just run without a plan, they might get ahead of us again!" Sanji pointed out.

Jinbei agreed, and Carrot had a lightbulb moment from beside him. "Oh, I have an idea! Listen, I'll jump up and tell you the direction of the ship! That way, even if they change the landscape, we'll be fine, right?" she chirped.

"Yea, you're right!" Sanji said. I kept myself from saying I thought of that earlier but no one listened since Big Mom closed in on us.

Carrot jumped upwards to take a look, but was taken out by a tree. Sanji caught her and set her back down. Pedro got the job done after he volunteered and pointed to where the ship was. He stayed above ground in order to guide us.

"I won't let you get away!" Big Mom screamed with a swing of her sword.

An airslash headed our way, causing us all to duck down. We had to continuously dodge the next barrage of attacks from both Prometheus and Big Mom. Our group ended up getting blocked with the sun on one side and Big mom on the other.

"Is this it?" Nami thought aloud.

Zeus then showed up out of nowhere and ate the weather egg attached to her staff. The cloud then floated above the trees and turned dark grey, emitting sparks of lightning.

"What's happening to it?" I asked Nami.

She looked from me to the living cloud above us. "I think... since my weather egg is inside of Zeus, it's kind of controlling him," she explained. She directed her attention to Sanji after she seemed to figure something out, "Sanji! Carry me and run! Everyone, run as far as you can, too!"

Everyone nodded and we started running. Meanwhile, Nami faced behind us, where Big Mom was. She raised her staff and then swung it downwards, causing a huge, destructive bolt of lightning to strike the Yonko chasing us. The ground was shaking and I almost went blind from the sudden brightness.