Night Before the Raid

Almost crashed cuz I was looking at a bird LMAOOO. Also, would this count as my beach episode????????? Also-also, I have been drawing Zoro a lot.
---

I shifted the box I was holding to my other hand and looked around the beach, "How much longer is it gonna take? I still don't recognize any of this."

"We should be pretty close by now," Nami said. Otama had given her instructions before we left since she was the one who helped Luffy and I hide the Sunny.

We were currently walking along the coast holding all of the boxes that Hitetsu gave us, which were still filled with armor. It was the night before the raid, and we were meeting up with Usopp and Franky, who were off restoring ships prior to this. The meeting point was the Sunny so that we could take off whenever we saw fit.

I shifted the crate again. "Hey," I looked to the side when Zoro's voice came in my direction. He looked between me and the box. "Give me that."

"Give it to you?" I repeated, raising a brow. "Why? I already have it."

"It's difficult to walk with it in the sand," he responded, looking down at my sinking sandaled feet and then back at the box.

I pursed my lips and hummed. "I mean, I guess you can have it if you wanna be all chivalrous all of a sudden," I said, stopping to hand him the crate. If I don't have to hold it, then I won't. 

He rolled his good eye and grabbed the crate from my hands, putting it on his shoulder. "Did you end up talking to the cook?" he asked, as we began walking again.

I nodded, "Yea, why do you ask?"

His eye glanced behind us quickly before making contact with mine again. "Maybe because he looks even shittier than usual," he answered.

My eyes directed behind us. Sanji was dragging his feet while looking lost in thought, his cigarette between his lips drooping like it was picking up on his feelings. "Welp, can't say I expected him to turn out like that, but... he'll come to his senses in a bit," I muttered, looking forward again. With a shake of my head, I turned my eyes back to Zoro. "How did the training with Enma go?"

He made a face and grunted, "Better. It's still being difficult. It'll get better when I get to fight with it."

"Yea, maybe it'll trauma bond with you," I chuckled. There was a moment of silence which led me to think about the whole situation we're about to enter again. I then voiced my thoughts, "It might be waiting to see how you fair against Kaido. After all, it has fought against him with it's previous user."

"I didn't think about that..." he mumbled to himself, giving the sword a glance.

"If it doesn't warm up to you by then, just call for me. I'll come to your rescue," I half-joked, grinning.

His lips curled into a half smile, "Yea right. Like you'd be able to handle anyone that I couldn't."

"I definitely could. I could beat you up right now, actually. We could spar like you were so inclined to do when we were in the forest earlier," I boasted. I followed this with a flex of my arms.

He took a look at me and huffed in amusement, shaking his head, "You're ridiculous. Plus, I won't be losing to anyone in the first place. You're the one that's gonna come crying to me instead."

"Wow, really? With the way this conversation is going, I think I might be the one fighting you when the raid starts," I laughed. He faced forward again and let his smile stay on his lips.

It was then that we caught sight of a small fire a few meters down the beach. Two figures sat by it. It was Usopp and Franky. They stood up once they saw us, waving their hands. Zoro and Luffy set down the crates of armor when we got to their little campsite. They immediately took interest in the stuff inside of them, fawning over the helmet stylings and such.