Filler: The Ace Chronicles (Pt4)

Im finally watching yu yu hakusho. Why is koenma voiced by the same voice actor as luffy LMAO

Also. I HATE THAT THE PFPS ARE SQUARE NOW.
---

"Boss, why are you being so weird today?" I questioned, watching as he wiped the bar counter.

His face was gathering sweat while he said, "I don't know what you're talking about, (y/n). You're the one being weird."

I leaned on the bar and raised a brow, "Oh reeeallly?" He didn't look my way. Instead, he walked around the bar and started gathering dishes from tables. "Sheesh. He's bad at hiding secrets." I shook my head and refilled a few tankards.

It was silent for a while until the lady from a week ago walked in, a smile on her face. I smiled back as she took a seat at the bar in front of me. She took out the slip of paper I put under her door and placed it on the counter, "I hear that my knife is ready?" she sung.

"Sure is. Hold on, let me get it out the back," I hummed, spinning on my heel and heading into the kitchen. She waited patiently as I brought it out, a leather cover on the blade. "Here it isss."

She smiled and brought the handle up to eye level, "Wow! Both the handle and blade are beautiful! See, this is why you need to start charging more, hun. Not to mention, this is 3 days before the two week mark."

"If I'm enjoying the process of making it, I don't think the cost should be high," I argued with a shrug.

She shook her head and sighed dramatically. "Well, I hear that you'll be leaving work early today, what's that about?" the woman asked, resting her head in her hand.

"Huh? I never heard about that," I blinked, looking back to Boss, who was awkwardly putting the dishes in the sink.

"I never heard about it, either," he said. I simply stared at him. In return, he slowly backed into the kitchen. "I think one of the chefs called."

"I'm pretty sure they didn't," I grumbled. He disappeared.

Right when he did, the man of the day, for the last week or so, walked in. "Hey, (y/n). Could you come outside real quick? I think I found something pretty cool," Ace said.

"What- who is this young man, (y/n)?" the woman I was talking to questioned, her eyebrows raising and lowering to insinuate something about me and Ace.

"He's Ace," I responded with a chuckle. She made a suggestive 'mhmmm'. I rolled my eyes but kept a smile on my face. She's seriously amusing.

Ace cleared his throat and jabbed a thumb over his shoulder, "About that thing, you'll look at it right?" I took a look around the bar. Nothing to do. I shrugged and walked to him. He grabbed my shoulders and ushered me outside. The woman at the bar whistled at that, which got a laugh out of me.

When we got outside, I could see a very large rock. I love rocks. I walked closer to it and took a look into one of the many deep indents. It was shiny at the deeper indents. "Hold on, is this ore?" I questioned, my eyes wide.

I glanced back at Ace. He was grinning proudly. "Yea, pretty sure. I thought you'd like it," he hummed, swiping under his nose confidently.

I grinned widely and wrapped my arms around the giant chunk of valuable minerals. My arms weren't even long enough to hug the entire thing fully. I stood up and held it in my grasp. "YES! I love it! Let's go put it in my forge!" I told him.

He chuckled and nodded his head towards the bar. "You sure you don't wanna finish your shift first?" he asked.

"Boss is being weird and there's nothing going on right now, so let's just go!" I chimed, beginning in my strides. He walked behind me, his hands on my shoulders to direct me since I couldn't see over the ore. It was huge. About the size of me. "I've never seen anything with this color or luster found in nature! Not unless it was a gemstone before polish. And it's heavy. Suuuuuuper heavy."