Filler: The Ace Chronicles (Pt1)

I just need more episodes to work with + lots of ppl have been asking for this. I read the manga but I kind of want to stay on the same page as the anime. So here's Ace
---

I stood behind the bar, smiling at the woman in front of me as I cleaned out a glass. "So, when would you like the knife to be done?" I asked her, placing the glass down with the others behind me.

"I will need it at least in 2 weeks, I don't like using my neighbor's so much," she replied and opened her purse. "How much will something like that be?"

"For you? Maybe seven thousand berry(like 50 bucks)," I answered.

She shook her head and pulled out fourteen thousand berry, placing it in front of me. "That's much too little for your hard work, (y/n)! You get everyone's orders out so fast! You shouldn't be giving discounts left and right," she scolded me.

"She's right! You need to start charging more!" Boss said from the left of me, patting my shoulder.

"You raised her too humble, Terry!" the woman turned her scolding to the Boss. He gasped in shock.

I took half of the money and scooted the rest back to the woman. "No, I really don't. Plus, I do it because I enjoy it. I don't survive from it," I huffed.

"Nonsense! I'm leaving this money here! I'll be back in two weeks!" she called over her shoulder, rushing out of the bar.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, "Why does this keep happening?"

Boss laughed and patted my back, grabbing the money with his other hand, "Because your skill isn't something to sneeze at, (y/n)! Even the Navy men who pass through here get weapons from you! You're getting famous for it on the island." He stuffed the money into my hand.

"Yea right, I'm just the only blacksmith here," I responded with a shake of my head.

"Stop selling yourself short! Now, I'm going to help the chefs in the back, you stay up front," he told me.

"Shouldn't I do that?" I questioned, watching him walk to the door to the kitchen.

He waved his hand, "No, no! You've gotta market your side hustle. Plus, you can handle yourself better out here than I could if any pirates make trouble."

I nodded, "Very true. Go on ahead then."

As if on cue, a rough looking bunch walked through the doors of the building. They looked like your average pirates. They made sure to glare at everyone they could as they walked up to the bar. They sat down at the stools and one in particular smiled at me. Looks like he's in charge of the group. I kept my face from scrunching in disgust.

"Hello, pretty lady. Give us a round of beer," he ordered. He reached to his belt and grabbed a small bag, setting it onto the counter. The sound of gold coins.

I smiled politely at that sound. "My pleasure," I responded, moving to grab the tankards. As long as they don't do anything to wreck the place or get people to leave the bar, I will do nothing to them. I gave them all their drinks quickly.

The next few hours felt like an eternity. It was filled with annoying jokes, obnoxious loudness, and stupid attempts to flirt with me every time I'd come around their side of the bar. Nonetheless, they were paying as the hours dragged on and the drinks got refilled, so I can't be too hasty with wanting to kick them out.

When it was nearing the middle of the night, a man walked in. I don't know why I took notice of him so quickly. I see a lot of strange characters enter the bar, so it wasn't as if his open button up shirt and black shorts should have had me surprised. I'll admit, he was attractive, but that's not the reason either.