Renegade

Hey! Sorry I haven't been updating a lot!

Please check out my new book The Third Rule (It's about Bucky and Peter)

SONG: Renegade by STYX- I recommend listening to it :)

I'm taking requests again, please comment or DM them to me!!! I might not get to all of them but I will try because I'm on spring break now :)

After Far From Home- May is dead though

...

Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life

From the long arm of the law

The mist lay heavily over the city creating a hazy wall in the distance. Tall brick buildings are barely visible through the amorphous cloud. The streets are mostly empty, only drunks stumbling around the streets and the occasional homeless person huddled against the buildings craving warmth. 

Peter pulls his black sweatshirt farther around him and ducks his chin into the collar. His clothes are damp and his teeth knock against each other. His once vibrant Spiderman suit is dulled with mud and torn in places. EDITH and all of the tech that was once in it was destroyed a long time ago from lack of care. The last of his webs ran out months ago and he doesn't have the supplies to make new ones. The only reason he still wears his uniform is for warmth on cold New York days. 

After a little bit of shuffling, Peter falls against the wall of a dark alley and lowers his shaking body to the ground curling up into a ball. Memories that used to be happy swarm his mind but he quickly pushes them away. 

After Mysterio, the world despises Spider-Man. They despise Peter. They think he is a villain. Everyone is after him, the police, FBI, SWORD, and so much more. 

Lawman has put an end to my running

And I'm so far from my home

Shortly after Mysterio released that video months ago Peter raced back to his apartment. Except it was already swarmed with agents. So, he left. He left Queens by foot and found a new home in the streets of Manhatten. Every few weeks he had to find new streets in case the government ever caught wind of him. 

His eyes slip closed and he curls farther in on himself. 

Oh Mama, I can hear you a crying

And you're so scared and all alone

Before Peter can truly fall asleep, images of Tony, May, and Ben dance before his eyes. They would be so disappointed. They would be disappointed to know everything they did for him went to waste, he's living on the streets on the run from the government. Tony died to save him and this is what he does with a second chance. 

They won't give him a trial, they'll just throw him in the raft to rot. At least out here, he is free. 

Hangman is coming down from the gallows

And I don't have very long

Peter can feel it. It's only a matter of time before he slips up. It's only a matter of time until they find him and his freedom is completely gone. Peter opens his eyes and lets out a shaky breath. 

The sound of the mist falling over the city is almost calming. A loud siren and squealing wheels pierce through the brief veil of serenity falling over Peter.