Just Another Field Trip

I got this idea from @RonnyWeasle123  's request. Next chapter I will do their actual request :)

...

Contrary to popular belief, Flash is actually smart enough to attend Midtown High. He's no Tony Stark (or Peter Stark for that matter), but he is smart enough to land himself a high school intern and the man's business. 

When Tony told Peter about the new intern, Eugene Thompson, Peter nearly fainted. One thing Peter prided himself on was keeping his private life, well, private. In just short of two decades of living, he was able to keep to himself the fact that he is the one and only Tony Stark's son. 

Peter has always known who his real dad is, even when he was living with his Aunt May. One of Tony's one-night stands leads to the birth of Peter. He never met his mom, she died in childbirth. While Tony was quite literally sobering up in a rehab facility, Peter stayed with his mom's sister. After he got out of rehab, the whole Ironman thing happened, he relapsed, went back to recovery, and eventually got custody of Peter. Despite the 10 years of ups and downs, Tony always made an effort. Peter couldn't be happier with his dad and his life at Stark Tower. 

It was a tacit conclusion that Peter would still be hidden from the public eyes, so he never uttered a word about his true family. He still kept in close contact with May and stopped over quite often. Her name and information are still in all of the school records. 

When Peter found out that Flash is an intern, he saw the 16 years of careful half-truths and sneaking around crumbling before his eyes. It's a large tower, you'd think Peter could avoid him easy enough, right?

Wrong, Peter works with the interns on a daily. They dare not tell anyone about Peter working there, but they love him the same. None of them know about Tony being his dad (and Peter would like to keep it that way). On Flash's very first day as an intern, Peter's secrets were compromised. 

Funny enough, the two actually bonded. They are practically best friends. Peter invites Flash up to the private labs after his shifts and they always work on projects together. A few times, Tony even let them work on some Avengers tech (with close supervision, of course, genius kids are still stupid kids). Flash is one of the only people in the universe that knows Spider-Man's identity and Peter Stark. 

The only problem with the newfound friendship is that there is another thing that Peter needs to hide from the world. Flash generously helped him out, which means he did not change one bit at school. He occasionally picked on Peter and hung out with the jocks to keep up appearances. He refused to let his friend get outed as the son of Tony Stark or Spiderman unwillingly. 

...

Peter sits in the fourth block in the second row from the back, right next to Ned. Flash sits in the front row on the opposite side of the room. Maybe that was a little extreme, but neither kid was willing to risk it. 

Mr. Harrington stands in front of the class with an uncharacteristic smile plastered on his face. Peter taps his fingers on the desk but tunes in to what the teacher is about to say (for once). He fidgets in his spots as an uneasy feeling washes over him. The hairs on the back of his neck stand up and he can feel it in his bones that something bad is about to happen. 

Not the kind of bad when someone tries to stab him or is about to throw something at him. A different level of bad that he would have never seen coming. A world-changing bad, at least in the world of Peter and his classmates. 

"I have secured us a field trip at Stark Towers!" He exclaims, the giddy smile he wore growing. The room seems to turn on an axis and Peter has to clutch the table to stop himself from falling. A faint blanket of sweat covers his skin and collects in his palms and the small of his back. The shouts of his classmates fade into blurs of noise in the background. Like he is drowning, but not in water. That would be too nice. Instead, he is drowning in lava. Peter offhandedly wonders if this is how Anikin felt in Revenge of the sith.